• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Overtime implemented wrong

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
I understand if we are in the middle of the match and the main clock still has time left giving overtime chance to the attackers since they already started capping, but main clock finishes AKA main time runs out and you giving attackers overtime? Should be game over....

I was on the attacking side and we won, but this is not fair, at all.

I think it's fair. Defenders got pushed outta the cap zone. Pushed outta the last cap
Zone. The attackers have essentialy already won. Overtime gives then that extra 10 seconds to cap it.

The defenders win if they push them out of the cap zone. As soon as that cap zone goes back to being stable with more defenders than attackers the defenders win. Instantly.

There is however an issue where the defenders can trigger overtime if they are back capping a point. And if the defenders take that cap zone 3 whole minutes gets added on. Even though time had already won out. Defenders shooting themselves in the foot.

Upvote 0
I think it's fair. Defenders got pushed outta the cap zone. Pushed outta the last cap
Zone. The attackers have essentialy already won. Overtime gives then that extra 10 seconds to cap it.

The defenders win if they push them out of the cap zone. As soon as that cap zone goes back to being stable with more defenders than attackers the defenders win. Instantly.

There is however an issue where the defenders can trigger overtime if they are back capping a point. And if the defenders take that cap zone 3 whole minutes gets added on. Even though time had already won out. Defenders shooting themselves in the foot.
whatever it was, all I know we got at least 1 min on overtime and defenders were out of tickets, 10 sec overtime is fine but this was creeping a whole minute of overtime

Upvote 0
I think its fair to have overtime even when round time is running out. It would just feel fake to end the round in the middle of what is basically the climax of the round.

The only problem I have with it is that you lose one spawn round from it, because the spawn timer stops counting down if there is less round time left than spawn time, so it is just at 0, but if overtime kicks in the spawn timer still only starts counting down again after one spawn round has passed (with noone spawning in during that spawn round as spawn timer was on 0). This is especially frustrating when you are defending, where that missed spawn will be extra crucial as the attackers are obviously in the process of capping.

I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but my guess is that it is the latter.

Upvote 0
After like a minute you can all spawn normally again. Or if the commander does a. Force respawn.

Actually for some reason force respawn doesn't work when overtime is active, secondly I know (and stated as much in my post) that you do spawn after two spawn rounds has passed, but especially in an overtime situation time is of essence, and it is almost invariably too late for the defenders, because obviously overtime means that an objective is already being capped and 1 minute is a lot of time for attackers when it comes to capping.

Upvote 0