• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Overall Gameplay

RO is at once slow and tactical, hectic, intense and brutally unforgiving.

Like for instance you can go from a long range shoot out with slow and cautious movement to a balls to the wall assault down streets and through buildings with bullets and grenades flying everywhere to a meat grinding brawl with artillery falling all around. A lot of it depends on the map.

For me personally this is what I love about RO, the variety of challenges and fighting you run into, the game does in some sense move slowly but it doesn't feel so because of the way it can demand quick thinking and assessment of what's going on around you.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
it all sounds pretty good to these ears. I have 2 fears though; small player base, and too many snipers. one is easily cured (via server settings I imagine), and the other will depend on word-of-mouth hype and the success of the release via steam.

let's hope!! :)

I wouldn't worry about too many snipers. There are limits on player classes.

I don't think I've played a map that allowed more than 1 sniper per team. Lots of maps have no snipers at all.

Right now the 3.3 player base is small, but fun. I figure it can only go up...way up.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
it all sounds pretty good to these ears. I have 2 fears though; small player base, and too many snipers. one is easily cured (via server settings I imagine), and the other will depend on word-of-mouth hype and the success of the release via steam.

let's hope!! :)

Like Mormegil said, snipers are not too much of a worry, not only are they strictly limited or not available depending upon the map, they are also tricky to use, especially at first.

As for the player base, I'm not too worried about this.

Hi, btw;)

Upvote 0
Mechspike: I think i was amongst the crowd playing on the 32 player core server tonight running the extremely large custom map, you scored pretty high too. Anyway you should stick with this game its superb and you wont find a comunity like this anywhere else. Once you get to know it join a clan, clan matches are what this game is really all about. The lack of players is mostly down to people trying to join full servers instead of players joining empty ones and getting people to join, however 90% of the time if you get 5 players to join a empty server you can guarantee in 10 mins the server will fill up.

Upvote 0
Yup there are simialrities between the mod and retail but when it comes to most of the issues people have had with RO in the past the process of going retail will sort them.

When it comes to numbers of servers and players and where they are that is an issue that should be pretty much buried once retail launches.

Upvote 0