• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Over 10 new maps and increased player limits for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

I am confused.
Is the number of a player supported with a new patch 44? Is it 50? Is it 64? Which is it?:confused:

The new hard-coded limit will be 64 players but I doubt if any server will be able to handle that many people on most maps.

Are there supposed to be pictures, because I don't see anything.

The features mentioned so far sound great, and hopefully some things are fixed to. One question though, are all 10 maps going to be community made ones?

The pictures are on the main website front page:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/

TWI have more things in the pipeline so keep on the lookout for more patches in the future. This is just an extension of the Map Contest that they held earlier with the new 64 player limit thrown in as a bonus. All 10+ maps are from the community but they have been fixed up and worked on to be as good, or close to, the quality of the stock maps. :)

Upvote 0
Awesome! I love Berezina and Smolensk, playing Berezina with 50 players was a great experience.

Berezina is about to get even better!

bt7_action.jpg

Recognize the bridge??

Upvote 0
The map-pack showcases the best maps submitted for the recent RO mapping contest polished up for release through Steam in a few weeks time.

I think everyone has missed a step here...What this means in effect is that TWI now have the abillity to release custom content to EVERYONE at the same time via Steam...
A huge boon for the mapping and modding community and us the players.

No more rangles over version types or file mis-matches things like the new Artillery and tank models being made by AHZ could be made available with a single small steam update not to forget the huge mod projects waiting in the wings like Mare Nostrum, Darkest Hour and Carpathien Crosses.

It's a major step forward as I don't believe even valve themselves do this?:D

Upvote 0
mmmmh all custommaps in final version?
-Smolensk, Berezina, Leningrad, Zhitomir, Pariser Platz, Tcherkassy, Zavod
-does anyone knows the other 3 maps?

64 players sounds great, but e. g. danzig with 64 players? oooooooohhhhhh:p

i heared, the betka isnt the onliest new vehicle
maybe a big one? a Jagdpanther?
or a opel blitz or a volkswagen k

Upvote 0
I think everyone has missed a step here...What this means in effect is that TWI now have the abillity to release custom content to EVERYONE at the same time via Steam...
A huge boon for the mapping and modding community and us the players.

No more rangles over version types or file mis-matches things like the new Artillery and tank models being made by AHZ could be made available with a single small steam update not to forget the huge mod projects waiting in the wings like Mare Nostrum, Darkest Hour and Carpathien Crosses.

It's a major step forward as I don't believe even valve themselves do this?:D

Time will tell.... it certainly is a benefit for the users/players at this time. Let's see where we sit six months down the road. ;)

For now, its great. I agree.

Upvote 0
So,

-The BT7 and its tank-riding feature was made by the after-hourz team.
-The 10 new maps are community one.
-The first actual "pushing the player limit up" was done by community members (russians) and so they probably started the whole player limit going up idea.( I remember the days of:
"Hey guys, do you think you could make it so there are more players allowed on a server?"
"No, no, no , no ENGINE LIMITATION!!")

I hope the "next part of the update" is more than the leaning bug fix and a few irrevelant "tank fixes".

Upvote 0