• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Other Games

robs91 said:
oh so do u have to pay to play online for DoD? Cause that would automatically make me choose RO.

No you buy it once and thats it. You dont pay to play online. I've read the shots at dod:source. I've got the game and love it, it doesn look cartoonish and its not like the original dod. A good thing to me. I'm looking forward to RO. I will be able to play each game each and every day. In my opinion I win.

Upvote 0
robs91 said:
man i still don't know. Actually I'll probably getting the Half Life 2 Platinum Edition when it comes out, which includes DOD:S, so i suppose i'll end up getting both.
Both what?
Day of Defeat: Source and Red Orchestra: Ostfront?

Since when does the Platinium pack include Ostfront? :eek:

Btw. I was shocked how Valve effed up DODS when playing it during the weekends. Am I glad I haven't bought it! :D

Upvote 0
But those who cant choose, you must tell us what kinds of games you like, like action trough the whole round or tactics, frag-like game, we cant choose games for you if we dont know your taste..., why not recommend Doom 1 for you...

Edit: Otherwise you can wait for the RO demo, it should come shortly after the game release.

Upvote 0
If you want to play a run&gun game, dont buy dod:s, but buy a game like cod2 or something, looks better, the weapons look better, all weapons have aim down the sight etc. If your looking for a game where you will be in the middle of a battle and the winning of your team is more important then your own ratio then go for RO:OST. For cod(1) there was a great mod, with a great map, cnq (conquest), map was gunassault, made by great modders (afterhourz, omfg im so glad they choose ro). This map/gametype gave me what i wanted from a ww2 shooter, i was really gooing for the objectives instead of only gooing for the kills. Both teams were really moving forward/back on the map and with fair teams it was really cool. But with the original cod+cod2+dod:s i only look at my ratio (kills/deaths) and i dont even notice that im in a ww2 enviorment. Thats why i really want to play/buy RO:OST, cuz it puts you in the middle of a great battle and you will need a whole hard working team to conquer the place. You wont see some asshol hopping around with a sprayweapon and owning the place cuz you cant hit him. If red orchestra is wat i expect it to be, dont even think about buying another game before you have played the demo, seen other videos or bought the game yourself!!

Upvote 0