• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ok treading on a sensitive issue here... The Medic & The Zerker.

Well I personally felt that both his damage resistance and speed were too high. Tbh in the Beta I simply expected a buff to the chainsaw and that be that, but with the melee back attack being fixed I have conceded that the Berserker is harder than he was before.

There are some people who feel the Berserker doesn't need nerfing at all, or differences in the opinion of how or why it should be nerfed which has been the focus of alot of debate. So as a compromise I decided to leave Damage resistance be, change speed since that really is game breaking and fix the fleshpound rage.

If you remember the ability to damage the fleshpound and keep him docile was 1 of the major complaints against the Medic. Simply run from him forever taking 2 shots every now and again to slowly drain its health. Although the Zerker using the axe is harder it operates on the same principle, stay out of reach and slowly chip at his health.
Every other class when not exploiting the Fleshpounds Line Of Sight HAS to deal with the Fleshpound rage. This is what makes him terrifying. If you can keep him placid he isn't a threat and undermines the point of being the "big badass specimen."

1 last point I would like to raise is not only is this tactic/exploit damaging from a gameplay point of view it also goes heavily against the background story of the Fleshpound.

Spoiler!

If you have multiple lacerations and bone fractures like you would from an axe, you would be.... well dead tbh... but in the Fleshounds case in an very large amount of pain. Pain is what triggers the flood of adrenaline into the Flehspounds system, so when you think about it makes sense that this tactic should not work.

Upvote 0
Damage of berserkers is actually halfed. (back stab bug fix) Which fixing bug is good, But I haven't see much complain about berserkers dealing too much damage before the update (I only see complains about MEDIC doing too much damage with xbow and melee weapons back then). Just curious about why suddenly a half damaged perk will consider having too much fire power?

One-hit decap clearly is not intended, but any one know if breaking line of sight and fail attack to reset rage timer is intended or not? Personally I think breaking line of sight should decrease the rage timer, not reset.

Example: it takes 10 seconds for a pound to rage if a player is in sight (rage timer reach 10 to rage). After 5 seconds that player breaks line of sight, so the rage timer decrease by one per second. So after 5 seconds of having line of sight from pounds, you need to break the sight for 5 seconds to reset the timer. If a player break line of sight @ 8th second, and after 3 seconds he's in the line of sight again, the timer starts @ 5. So only take 5 seconds to make the pound rage.

This can prevent endless kiting. Because if you dont want that pound to rage, you need to run nearly non-stop on most of the maps. And you will end up catching the tail of that line of 32 zeds. Then both you front and behind have 10+ zeds, end of kiting.

Of cos if a player is pro enough to count the timer of a fleshpound, he will still able to kite for some time. But as pound is faster than other zeds, you will end up run into the tail (like I said above) of the zeds which will be ALL SIRENS and SCRAKES. Because they are slow.

So this could force player to deal with the fleshpound quick. Cos if you want to kite, you cant really stop anywhere. And if you just keep running, you end up sandwich by fleshound and a bunch of sirens and scrakes. But you at least "have a chance" to deal with the fleshpound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sometimes on manor when a SS misses hs-ing the FP, our team zerker puts himself in the path of the ragin' beast and the support prepares for unloading. It is always nice to see this on small maps how absolutely each FP moment is a moment of stress. As FPs should be dealt with right away each time a FP comes the whole team reshuffles to deal with it. And I am talking about public server with a mash up of levels from 4-6(HOE). Ever since the update I noticed that on public servers playing large area maps the zerker(there is ALWAYS at least one) runs off into the wild knowing that he can survive the game even if rest of the team dies. And waves 7-10 were always such cozy moments when all the players would cuddle together in fear of the FP :). Now you do not shoot the FP because the zerker is supposed to take him by the hand behind the bushes and rape him; and you do get votekicked on HOE servers(with clan players) sometimes because of this.
Bottom line: As I agree more with Jester's pov on this, 9_6 has some valid points with zerker being hardier by nature and that rambo style of play is a matter of choice and should not be enforced...agreed, BUT... it should be "encouraged". Therefore it is my humble opinion that the zerker should at least take damage in kiting. I am not asking to NERF it into oblivion as 9_6 fears. Me and Jester, I presume, are asking for subtle tweaking such as stated above :); even if I take joy in finishing a map when the lone zerk(sometimes me) finishes the last 100 zedz at wave 10 enabling us all to buzzsaw the PAT.

PS:9_6 you should really chill, it seemed like you were taking Jester's opinion personal, acting like he was trying to take something away from you. :D

Upvote 0