• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

OH GAWD I'M NEW WHAT DO I DO? The KF "tutor" thread.

I suck at this game. I have trouble with anything above normal due to reduced mney rates.

Can you help me once I'm back home?

sure, be it advice or needing a good team, I know I'm game if I have the spare time.

As for dosh....well that's all about spending ammo carefully and conserving for specific weapons (don't buy a certain intermediate, don't buy armor for a while, ect.)

Upvote 0
I suck at this game. I have trouble with anything above normal due to reduced mney rates.

Can you help me once I'm back home?
Timur's got it down. The one that immediately comes to mind is the AA12, but there are other expensive weapons - the M32, the SCAR, etc. There are three tricks.

1. Start scavenging early (like, when there are 30-50 left, if you can handle it)
--Know all the ammo drop locations
--Check the ones farthest away from the trader first, then work your way back

The less ammo you have to buy, the more you save. Keep in mind that some perks (Support, Firebug, Demo, Xbow Sharp) need ammo more than others (Commando, Medic, BERSERKER)

2. Conserve ammo
--Aim for the head
--Switch to semi-auto if you can handle what's coming
--Try to get at least 2 ZEDs behind each shotgun blast

Blah blah, saving ammo.

3. Save money
--Dont buy armour until you have no other choice
--Try to get by on only one weapon and a pistol until you get what you need

The less you spend, the more you save. Careful though, being too frugal could kill you.

So yeah. You have both Timur's and my Steam IDs (top right, under Join Date, etc.), so come play a game with [one of] us.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I don't understand why people spend their life in the source files trying to mathematically calculate how to beat the game. Where's the fun in that? :confused:

<3

I don't mind if you do it on your spare time, but whenever I'm asking "Can I kill it?" I expect a yes/no answer backed up with some stats or maybe a video, not a gazillion codes and stuff which are practically useless to me because I have all the computer expertise of a DUCK.

Upvote 0
*points at scary ghost*

Except I don't. If a thread has some wrong information in it, I'll post the correct information it so everyone has the correct facts to base the discussion on. If someone has a question about how some part of the code works, I'll hop in and explain it the best I can. You might want to look at the context of my posts :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy and Aze
Upvote 0