• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nvidia Flex/FPS drops still happening to anyone?

Kittenmittens;n2307020 said:
Hi guys.

Nvidia Flex is controlled by Nvidia. Any changes in performance over time needs to be directed to them by users so they are aware. http://www.nvidia.com/object/support.html

But then again you guys are the only ones using the flex for your games so you have to bother with nvidia together with the reports and sh*t to get the thing finally operational ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2307026 said:
But then again you guys are the only ones using the flex for your games so you have to bother with nvidia together with the reports and sh*t to get the thing finally operational ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's operational but the issues here seem to be related to performance. We have contacted them on the subject and strongly recommend players do so as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Flex is controlled by nVidia yes but it's just like Physx. Having Flex in the game and then nVidia updating it should have no effect on the game unless you are updating to the latest version. I have Flex debris in Fallout 4 enabled and maxed out and have no issues and Fallout 4 is known for not being the best coded game....hell they released a "HD Texture Pack" that is almost 2x the size of the actual game and not worth a 59GB "add on". I dev using the Unreal Engine 4 which now uses Flex and I'm am a Games for nVidia Dev so I am a little lost as to why if they update it or the Physx/Flex driver for video cards that can run it only effects Killing Floor 2 so badly. The only other Physx based issue I have had and others is people with 9xx/10xx series cards playing games that use Legacy builds of Physx (Maffia 2, BorderLands 2 etc) and that got fixed a couple patches ago I believe. Not trying to sound rude or come off that way I just am confused as to why you are just saying "talk to nVidia" unless you guys have updated Flex since the issue started.

Upvote 0
Ok this is just odd and hopefully this doesn't get me banned or in trouble but I just went to look at the Steam Discussion Page for Killing Floor 2 and the entire forum has been purged besides update threads and all comments are gone and all threads are now locked. Could some one from Tripwire please explain as to why? Considering this very topic was mentioned a lot on the Steam Discussion Page. So unless I got banned from the Steam Discussion for asking about Flex um...why did the Steam Discussion boards get nuked?

Upvote 0
I have never had problems with physx on my 760gtx intel i5 3350p. With all your complaining you know caused the devs to make physx blood and gore happen at random to optimize the online play so no more thick blood everytime you shoot something, only sometimes. Ruined it for me. This game needs to be messy unlike the overly clean console versions. This has a lot to do with feel.
Having thick blood spurt everytime you shoot off a limb has a great feel to it and i feel bad for you guys that you have to turn it off because of a little lag even tho most of your systems are better and i dont have any issues.

Upvote 0