• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News from the Crosshairs interview

Crap, I missed it! Has the broadcast been recorded already? Maybe with a video? I want to see the suppression system people are talking about.

There is nothing to see, only to know. Basically, if bullets are near you or your teammates are dying near you, your character gets suppressed. When suppressed, the screen gets desaturated and shakes a little and the breathing gets shorter.

Upvote 0
Yea, the suppression sounds really nice! (also the hearts beats faster then)
And they said that weapons will upgrade.
For example, the PPSh will start with a 32 bullets magazine, then you'll unlock a rounddrum with 71 bullets. And then you unlock the ability to switch between singleshot und fully automatic!
Im getting more and more excited about RO2...

Upvote 0
Yea, the suppression sounds really nice! (also the hearts beats faster then)
And they said that weapons will upgrade.
For example, the PPSh will start with a 32 bullets magazine, then you'll unlock a rounddrum with 71 bullets. And then you unlock the ability to switch between singleshot und fully automatic!
Im getting more and more excited about RO2...

How works upgrade?
I mean, the upgrade is permanent or i must restart at every match?

Upvote 0
Having played a bit yesterday with the devs, the suppression system is superb. I think it gets the desired effect. You know when you are being suppressed, and personally, I generally chose to duck or run, or duck and run, because you knew things were not going to go well from that point forward. But the effect is perfectly balanced, hard to explain (plus I don't think I can explain), but I don't think anyone will be dissapointed.

-- TWB*MorganEarp

Upvote 0
When the loader is killed other AI will move to the loaders position.

There will be no 3d Voip chat.

My feedback on both of those:

This is a partial fix, but penalizes full human crews ( team tanking ) as they have the no one to replace the loader, even though they have people who would be willing to do so.

The purpose of 3d chat is not to force everyone to use TS, it is meant to add flavour to the game. Yes forcing people to use only 3d would make many players go to TS. However dismissing 3d voice chat because of that is stupid. Have both. Define a radius where underneath that radius players on both teams will hear speech and it will be clear, over that radius only your team hears the communication and some audio effect is added to tell them that it is from a distance. ( some radio garbling, a squak, whatever you want). Players could then bind another key to 3d chat only, or perhaps double tap their chat button to use the radio and 3d chat.

The benefit of 3d chat when you KNOW that the voice is local is that you can say things like "grenade" or , "to the right in that high window", or any other sound byte of information that would not work AT ALL in ROOST.

Upvote 0
How works upgrade?
I mean, the upgrade is permanent or i must restart at every match?

I believe its tied to your account.

Some other stuff I recall from the podcast:

Fixed MGs will spawn at game start at various map designer locations, but not always the same ones (ie, random.) You'll be able to duck and blindfire while controlling one of these fixed MGs.

Suppression effects will occur as bullets whizz by and or strike the ground or cover near you. Sounds like they took some cues from Darkest Hours but are fine tuning the system. Having a Hero nearby decreases the suppression effects.

If you are the last person alive in the tank, and even your AI loader goes down, it sounds like you'll be given the option to abandon tank and respawn or drive to resupply depot and get more crew.

Melee system has not been implemented yet but though the team considered a more detailed system ... like a little Soul Calibre game within a game ... they are now leaning towards a system like Ostront, perhaps slightly easier.

Upvote 0
this sounds awful.
As far as I know, not all PPSHs had the ability to fire semi or full auto. So, if that's true, it would make sense to have it as an option that becomes unlockable.

If, however, I'm wrong and ALL PPSHs did in fact have the ability to fire both single and auto, then I disagree with it as an unlockable weapon ability. If the gun had both options it should be available right from the get go.

Upvote 0