• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

Jack Carver please be mindful of anyone calling your weapons over powered that plays single player on normal. Any one can dominate normal with a 9mm and lever action off perk. I will go as far as to say even a 6 man on normal a LAR and 9mm gets the job done regardless of perk. I am not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. Please don't balance your weapons into uselessness for high difficulty play. Outside of that, awesome as usual. From the looks of it your entire line will make the gray list and a couple on the white. Way to go bro!

Upvote 0
Ok so here i am once again. Cant really say anything about it this time. Just finished hard after a round of one-shotting everything with the M99 with the Headshots (up to FP).
Also only took 4 or 5 well placed headshots to kill 'ol patty who didnt even walk up to me... Strangely enough.

Anyhow, a very well done and congratulations to you. When proper prices and so on is implemented in final release this will most definitly hit the graylist and has a huge chance of making it to white list :)

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
The V3.0 is greylisted but the latest ones are not atm.

Is there any reason for these not to be? I can't think of a reason they'd have a problem - they're only gun mods, not a game changing mod - as long as we can't rack up points idk why they wouldn't be listed. And can we have the M7A3 put up to realistic costs now? I still feel like a dick using it cause its so cheap. And the bugs should be ironed out pretty well now - its been out for months.

Upvote 0
Is there any reason for these not to be? I can't think of a reason they'd have a problem - they're only gun mods, not a game changing mod - as long as we can't rack up points idk why they wouldn't be listed. And can we have the M7A3 put up to realistic costs now? I still feel like a dick using it cause its so cheap. And the bugs should be ironed out pretty well now - its been out for months.

As far as I know the greylists only get updated with an KF update.

Upvote 0
^^ boo. Has the package been submitted to TWI at all? I know they have to continue updates with each beta update, but i wanna make sure that when KF IS updated this gets on without issue. :p
Before we submit it we want to iron out all bugs and balance the weapons correctly.

Ok so here i am once again. Cant really say anything about it this time. Just finished hard after a round of one-shotting everything with the M99 with the Headshots (up to FP).
Also only took 4 or 5 well placed headshots to kill 'ol patty who didnt even walk up to me... Strangely enough.

Anyhow, a very well done and congratulations to you. When proper prices and so on is implemented in final release this will most definitly hit the graylist and has a huge chance of making it to white list :)

Thanks!
The M99's damage will get reduced drastically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Before we submit it we want to iron out all bugs and balance the weapons correctly.

Well you said there's a few bugs around that can't be fixed (due to KF's hardcoding, see problems with the dual Mk23) but I guess if you submit it to TWI they'll end up making a few edits possibly for balancing's sake or even a new sound or visual edits and better yet, iron out those "unfixable" bugs. Either way, I'd love to see it in stock KF. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0