• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New uses for the Knife!

I like your idea, but instead of stunning, maybe add Mouse3 a hotkey for (Melee Only) pushing back zombies, such as in L4D, but will not work on certain zombies such as the Flesh Pound, Scrake, or Patriarch, since they are a Tank type zombie.

How to use?
Melee weapon, press Mouse3

What it will do?
It will push back all enemies around you except Scrake, Flesh, and Patriarch. Also leave you unable to switch to your gun for 10 seconds.

Time before next use?
30 seconds

I think it would make the game pretty interesting.

Upvote 0
=RAGE={BW} said:
Lame Idea its a zombie if you dont kill it it keeps coming it is incorpral

You have no idea what the word means do you?
First of all, it is spelled Incorporeal.
Secondly, it means lacking body or substance. So a Ghost would be incorporeal, a zombie/specimen/whatever most definately has mass.
Don't act tough if you don't even know english.

Upvote 0
First of all i'd like to say how brilliant the game is (aside from crashing my internet), i can honestly say i haven't been addicted to a game this much since WoW.... and that's saying something.

So to the point, the knife currently seems a bit useless to most people and you can't throw it away. Therefore it could be used to temporarily 'Disable' or 'Paralyze' a foe for a given period of time (such as 5-10 seconds)...ofcourse there would have to be a downside to doing this for example you could only do it once a round, or you could lose the knife alltogether resulting in you having to purchase a new one!

Hope this interests someone to get some feedback.

Regards, Prodi-G!

if you dont have the knife, how do you run faster, you must take a weapon then you dont run so fast as before ;(
thats a problem

Upvote 0
if you dont have the knife, how do you run faster, you must take a weapon then you dont run so fast as before ;(
thats a problem

Main problem, IMO, is really the futility of such addition. Really, what would it bring? That's not useful if you're anything besides a berserker as it is WAY too dangerous to go knifing on suicidal without resistance&damage&speed bonuses, and as a 'zerker, well... you kill almost everything with one katana slash anyway... And if you don't, then you shouldn't be on suicidal, 'cuz your perk level is too low.
So why bother coding this if no one will use?

Upvote 0