• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hi

I've just posted a plea for help elsewhere so I will introduce my self here. I am 65yo ex-Londoner living in the Blue Mountains just outside Sydney, Australia.
I have no knowledge of computer games.
I come from a miniatures (Napoleonic) background but then was introduced to FoW (WW2) & then to ASL (a very complex boardgame) about squad action in WW2. Some of the scenarios take place in Stalingrad on exquisite maps & this piqued my further interest in the campaign. Unfortunately a series of illnesses has made me virtually immobile so RO: HoS could be my lifeline to sanity (or the death of me).

Any other Brits will know my username comess from my football team - QPR (Queens Park Rangers) who have just returned to the top tier of English football. I went to my first game there in 1950 - probably before the grandparents of most of you were born!

All the best & I hope I see you out on the streets (or in a factory) sometime - and kill you! Just pray you're on the opposing side.

Larry

Upvote 0
Hi, Already made some posts elsewhere but thought i would say hi properly.

Long time lurker on these boards.
Long time pc gamer. Long time nerd.

I am BossHoGG. Part of a small , mature minded and friendly clan called maturegamers. The core of us from that group have gamed together since 2004. We have COD4 / BO servers as well as a realism RO2 server now:)

The majority of us now spend all our gaming time in the RO2 server:)

I am 34 years old. An electronics engineer from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Our clan are from all over the EU.

Come say hi if you want.

Cant wait for the longevity I hope RO2 will give us.
As has been said by someone else - I dont care if there is only our server left - we will still be on it playing :)

Upvote 0
I've been playing tactical shooters on the PC since CS beta in 1999. My favorite games in this genre have been Ghost Recon and Arma 2 but I have always desired a tactical shooter that emphasizes semi-competitive multiplayer above other game modes and I am very glad to have found out about RO2. It is perhaps the best multiplayer tactical shooter I have ever played.

Just wanted to say much thanks to the folks at Tripwire for making a real (and very good) PC shooter in 2011. Also thanks to all the community members and fellow players who add to the fun of playing this game. I hope that we all have many more hours of Red Orchestra together!

Upvote 0
Greetings,

As many others, RO2 caught my dedicated attention for several reasons. Wasn't convinced by Ostfront i must say so i wandered away from it. But HoS delivers a good balance between the fast pace with tight squad firefights. Also love the cover/movement mechanism added with the game modes, especially Territory although i'd make the reinforcement pool much smaller than i find on most servers.

Other than that, i play M&B Warband, World of Tanks, these two mainly, but keep my copies of Combat Mission and Theatre of War (2) at hand along with many other good games.

Favorite server at the moment are 40-1 and Brothers, mostly because of ping & combined arms modes and when the clansmen take command through voice it is great that the "randoms" like myself follow the orders and start to fall in place.

Enough chit chat, see you on my sights.

Upvote 0
This is the first multiplayer shooter I've enjoyed. Missed out on RO1. I thought BF/BC2 was a joke, to be honest. Anyway there are three things that immediately attracted me to this game:

1.) eastern front only
2.) PC only
3.) vibrant modding

I realize there are issues with this game, but assume they'll be sorted out over the long haul. I intend to be around which is why I've registered.

Upvote 0
Hey.

I've been a fan of RO pretty much ever since it was a UT mod. You can understand how excited I was when RO2 was announced.
I'm fascinated by WW2, as a result I read a lot of books, articles and play a lot of games about the subject.

I play games like Company Of Heroes, BC2, TF2, Garry's Mod, Killing Floor, etc.

Glad to be here.

Upvote 0
I played RO1 when it was still a ut2k4 mod but didn't buy when it was a retail game though. I've kept a close eye for this game since it was first announced I was going to buy it but I got a better offer for trading all my tf2 hats for this game.
BEST. TRADE. EVER.

I enjoy the game greatly and must say TWI did an awesome job. Best WW2 fps I've ever played.

I recently joined a mod team so I will be a frequent visitor here for now on.
Hello everyone :)

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
Hello.
I've grown up on WW2 history, 8-bit computers and PC's: strategy and tactical strategy games (SSI games, Combat Mission, Close Combat, Theatre of War, Steel Panthers series), tactical shooters (like Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six 1-3, the first Ghost Recon with Island Thunder and Desert Siege, Brothers in Arms: RtH30/EiB and of course SWAT 4) and tank simulations (ye olde Steel Thunder, M1A2 Tank Platoon 2, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942). I've never really had a chance to play Red Orchestra 1 due to several years of constant lack of time, but I've heard and read many good things about it. Recently I've heard about RO2 and now, when I have much more free time, I've decided to give it a shot.
Bought it.
And after playing it a bit, I immediately found my way to these forums...
I've been lurking for some time now and I decided it'd be a good idea to finally register.

Upvote 0
I played RO1 when it was still a ut2k4 mod but didn't buy when it was a retail game though. I've kept a close eye for this game since it was first announced I was going to buy it but I got a better offer for trading all my tf2 hats for this game.
BEST. TRADE. EVER.

I enjoy the game greatly and must say TWI did an awesome job. Best WW2 fps I've ever played.

I recently joined a mod team so I will be a frequent visitor here for now on.
Hello everyone :)

Hello stranger :D :IS2:

Upvote 0
Well, hi everobody,
Been stalking the outer parts of the forums for quite some time and have been getting more and more active since a while before the public beta started; thought it was time to say "Hello!". So... Hello!

How I got here, you ask? Well, it all started back in early, early -43 when this fella of mine created a time machine and tested it on me, after which I presume it must have broken down or killed everyone in sight's range. Anyways, it took me all the way to the beginning of 2011 and since I hadn't any way of settling the score with them nasty germans, once and for all, I had to find a way. I had to! And then the way was shown and it came from the glorious place called TWI, shrowded in shadows and light. It came, I saw, I conquered. The end.

Actually, I got here from Killing floor, to which I got from the first Twisted Christmas sale. Another really great game, by the way. Not sure what else to say...

Well, that's all folks! Thanks for listening to my rubbish!

Upvote 0