• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 new style of forced respawn

ro2player

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
A new style of forced respawn is possible

During a round, Commander has a forced rewpawn working with list of player look like it :

reinforcement time: 00.15s
player 1
player 2
player 3
player 4
player 5

During a round, Commander should have a forced rewpawn working with list of player look like it :

player 1 (00.02s)
player 2 (00.03s)
player 3 (00.05s)
player 4 (00.05s)
player 5 (00.07s)

By this way he can know individually when the player is adding in reinforcement wave.

The time after the player name is time to reach the 00.15s. We have individual respawn time. And not only list respawn time.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're saying at all...

Wouldn't that time be... 15 s? :confused:

Are you not aware that people spawn in waves in RO2? There aren't individual spawn timers. Everyone spawns together.

This system will give individual time and not only the list time of the people who respawn.

I talk about the time for EACH player in one spawn wave.
So Commander can use forced respawn in more practice way. Commander have a better view on the respawn list.

Upvote 0
There are no individual times - everyone in the wave spawns at the same time.

Either I don't follow what you're saying of you've misunderstood how the wave respawn system works.

Yes : One respawn time. But people should read the time remaining until to the respawn wave.

Reading time remaining to the respawn wave is what I call "individual time".

Upvote 0
This wouldn't make sense because everyone spawns at the same time in a wave.

It's doesn't make sense for you.

But it make sense for player who are Team Leader...

Do you perhaps mean like, the time each person has had to wait?
Like how someone may have died just in time to recieve a nice 15 second respawn time, while another guy died awhile later and only had to wait 4 seconds then they both respawn?

I was talking about the fact the Team Leader can watch the TIME REMAINING of each players in Respawn list for the next repawn wave.

player 1 (00.02s)
player 2 (00.03s)
player 3 (00.05s)
player 4 (00.05s)
player 5 (00.07s)

That's why I am talking about a new look of the Respaw list. The time after name of player is time remaining for next wave. It's a good help for Team Leader. It's make sense for Team Leader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was talking about the fact the Team Leader can watch the TIME REMAINING of each players in Respawn list for the next repawn wave.

But everyone in the Re-spawn list has the SAME time remaining...15s, in your example. That's why they are in the list, because they are all going to spawn again in 15s.

EDIT: Hang on, I think I get what you're getting at.

So you want to see how long each player has had to wait within the wave?

So for example:

First player dies. The respawn time starts counting down from 15 seconds.
The player is listed as PLAYER A (15s)

Then someone else dies 5 seconds later. Their name joins the list as PLAYER B (10s)

5 seconds later, a third player dies, so the list looks like this:

TIME REMAINING: 5s
PLAYER A (15s)
PLAYER B (10s)
PLAYER C (5s)

Is that what you mean? So the TL can gauge how long players have been out of action?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But everyone in the Re-spawn list has the SAME time remaining...15s, in your example. That's why they are in the list, because they are all going to spawn again in 15s.

But Team Leader can apply Respawn Forced BEFORE the respawn wave coming.

Players who are in the list and who wait 15 s respawn directly. (without help of Forced Respawn)
15 s is time of "next respawn wave". 15 s doesn't mean "Forced respawn" applied by Team Leader.

That's why Team Leader should know remaining time of each players...
By knowing remaining time of each players before "normal wave of Respawn", Team Leader can apply an effective "Forced Respawn".

So you want to see how long each player has had to wait within the wave?

Yep.. And Team Leader can apply a Forced Respawn more effective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But Team Leader can apply Respawn Forced BEFORE the respawn wave coming.

Players who are in the list and who wait 15 s respawn directly. (without help of Forced Respawn)
15 s is time of "next respawn wave". 15 s doesn't mean "Forced respawn" applied by Team Leader.

That's why Team Leader should know remaining time of each players...
By knowing remaining time of each players before "normal wave of Respawn", Team Leader can apply an effective "Forced Respawn".

I think you've misunderstood the Forced Spawn system. All it does is force the respawn list timer to 0, so everyone in the list spawns.

The respawn wave isn't just a cycle of 15 seconds. It starts when the first player dies, then when it ends, everyone who has died between the first player's death and the timer ending, spawns at the same time.

The timer then doesn't start again until someone else dies, and a new spawn list is started.

If when you die and you see your time remaining at 20 seconds, it means you are the first casualty. It's not just that you just missed the last spawn wave.

I think :confus:

Upvote 0
The timer then doesn't start again until someone else dies, and a new spawn list is started.

If when you die and you see your time remaining at 20 seconds, it means you are the first casualty. It's not just that you just missed the last spawn wave.

I think :confus:

I think you don't understand what i mean. And maybe i do bad explanation of what i want to mean.
Yes, time of respawn list start with dead players. No deads, no respawn list. We are agree on this point.

I think you've misunderstood the Forced Spawn system. All it does is force the respawn list timer to 0, so everyone in the list spawns.

The respawn wave isn't just a cycle of 15 seconds. It starts when the first player dies, then when it ends, everyone who has died between the first player's death and the timer ending, spawns at the same time.
I wanted to talk about the action of Team Leader during the respawn list time. (in my example : 15 s)

Team Leader has 15 sec. And on each 15 s he needs to choose or not if he applys a "Forced respawn".

player 1 (00.02s)
player 2 (00.03s)
player 3 (00.05s)
player 4 (00.05s)
player 5 (00.07s)

This new style can help Team Leader to apply "Forced Respawn" BEFORE normal "respawn wave".
You talk about "respawn wave". (and i am agree with what you said. I think what you describe is correct) I talk about "Respawn forced".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you don't understand what i mean. And
This new style can help Team Leader to apply "Forced Respawn" BEFORE normal "respawn wave".

I don't understand what the individual numbers mean (still) and I don't understand how the old system doesn't already allow the commander to do exactly this. The clock at the top is the time before the "normal respawn wave." People in the list don't always spawn in the normal wave because they are changing class, squad, etc.

There are no individual spawn timers, so again, no idea what you're talking about. Pretty sure you've explained yourself a number of ways and you're definitely the one that is confused about how spawning works.

Upvote 0
It's the time since death of player inside respawn list, and it's the time who remain until the next respawn wave.

You're saying that the number next to individual players is both the amount of time since that player's death, and the amount of time that remains until the next respawn wave. That does not make any sense. First of all it can't be both- those two numbers are different. Second of all if it were the second number, it would be the same for everyone, hence respawn wave.

Upvote 0
Dwhee

My idea of new version of Forced Respawn works :

- Something should give the time remaining until the respawn wave of each player. ( in how many second he will respawn. it's own remaining time, who is not the respawn time of the list.)

And also :

- Something should give information about how many second each player is inside the respawn list. (for how second the player is inside the respawn list )

I think Commander need more information in the respawn list.

Maybe I am wrong (on the first point), but I search...I think respawn list can become a better respawn list.
I wanted to have something who help the Commander to wait until last second. (and so make an effective forced respawn)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are no individual times - everyone in the wave spawns at the same time.

Conscript

you played Commander in Classic mode. I am talking about forced respawn inside Realism mode. It's why I failed to explain you my idea.

I don't understand what the individual numbers mean (still) and I don't understand how the old system doesn't already allow the commander to do exactly this. The clock at the top is the time before the "normal respawn wave." People in the list don't always spawn in the normal wave because they are changing class, squad, etc.

Dwhee

In respawn list we can see players disappear before respawn wave. I don't talk about respawn wave in Classic mode. It's why I failed to explain you my idea.

new version of Forced Respawn :

During a round, Commander should have a forced rewpawn working with list of player look like it :

player 1 (00.02s)
player 2 (00.03s)
player 3 (00.05s)
player 4 (00.05s)
player 5 (00.07s)

- Something should give the time remaining until the respawn wave of each player. ( in how many second he will respawn. it's own remaining time, who is not the respawn time of the list.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Conscript
In respawn list we can see players disappear before respawn wave.

Those players are spawning in the previous wave.

you played Commander in Classic mode. I am talking about forced respawn inside Realism mode.

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Classic_Mode

Citation needed. I can't find anything about spawning being different in classic mode. It now seems like you are making things up as you go along.

Upvote 0