• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New review! 02.2010

Most important thing for many of us
The vehicles that were an important part in first game are sill in development
;)

Although as you can see by the (?)'s from shifty they talk about ricochets killing you in the first game, and they call the dp28 an M60 so you don't know if they directly heard everything from 1C or are making some things up as well. The 50% done figure probably needs to be taken with a grain of salt as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The graphics do look much better, but they are of such low quality it is hard to judge it.

As for the rest, it is hard to comment, because the translation was so poor. But here are my thoughts anyways:

Nice to hear about the cut scenes for the Germans. Hopefully this means the campaign is a bit more than the MP maps strung together UT3 style.

Seems like the SMGs and DP28 will still have the crazy recoil though.

Hopefully the running and jumping won't be too quick - I don't want to see people running jumping out of windows with easy when they are packing an MG42.

And I just hope the mini map is gone from hard core mode.

Either way, nice to see more info. Looking forward to more. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you guys can't do full open tank battles like we have in OST please at least have combined arms maps that have one tank in support of the infantry.

A good example of this would be like the Pavlovs House map where the Germans have a Stug tank for armor support and that's all. You could of course do the same for the Russians by using a T34 or something if the roles were reversed and they were attacking.

Upvote 0
"The questine whether the storyline will show moral problems of a nazi soldier, realizing that his is a murderer, was not commented by 1C. But you heard it here first!"

WTF is that about. the nazi soldier was no more a murderer than the russian soldier. only the nazi superiors were responsible for the holocaust and yet everyone thinks that all germans were sons of the devil.

Upvote 0
This previewer is off base in many regards (such as saying the game has an M60). I'm not sure where they dug up the person writing the article, but there has been no announcement to him or anyone else about vehicles being in the game. He's just making assumptions based on what was in RO: Ostfront. In other words, its another case of a magazine article writer talking out of their "you know what". So take anything in that article with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
This previewer is off base in many regards (such as saying the game has an M60). I'm not sure where they dug up the person writing the article, but there has been no announcement to him or anyone else about vehicles being in the game. He's just making assumptions based on what was in RO: Ostfront. In other words, its another case of a magazine article writer talking out of their "you know what". So take anything in that article with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I figured half of it was either exaggerated or lost in translation.

Guess we'll have to wait for a better source for a proper update.

Upvote 0
add to that how the writer continuously uses the stereotypical "i'm a communist, kill the nazis" kinda stance......tough to take most of the written words seriously. also, the 50% up from 40% after 5 months lol. rule #1 of reading articles, unless it's directly from the source, don't pay any attention.

but at least the new screenshots look very nice and those aren't really tough to interperate. :)

Upvote 0

OK thanks for putting me in doubt that RO:HoS will have guns in it. :(

Upvote 0