• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics New players to Killing Floor

That break down is pretty accurate. However; the most common player type I've come across is probably a blend between the "im too cool" and "blame others." I've got a couple of friends that are the "humble professional" and 2 that are "captains" as previously stated those 2 qualities are few and far between you'll almost never see these guys/girls playing alone usually on a full server so joining these elite players can sometimes be a bit of a challenge that's the main reason I started this thread is that so new players can play with the most helpful and probably some of the best players ever to play killing floor (again not being narcissistic not me) in my opinion.
Lone wolf is my most undesirable trait though...
Im gonna start off by saying this. I own a LOT of swords knifes daggers axes and yes spears. but Berserker class isn't that important in fact id go as far as saying its pretty useless now don't get me wrong for those of you who like it the feeling of being up close and personal with the thing trying to kill you, doing to them what they do to you is a good feeling and its awesome swinging a sword or an axe with all the rage in your body knowing that your enemy will cripple to the ground and bleed to death at your feet is awesome. But for this game berserkers aren't given a real chance when it comes to playing as a team because you must leave the team to get kills making this THE lone wolf class of choice... that is why I feel the way I do about this class in this game.
Now for the continuation of what I was saying other classes can do what the Berserker class can do without having to break the line or lose armor or health for example the Berserker can take down a skrake pretty easily without losing too much health because of their ability to stun their enemies but a sharp shooter with a cross bow can put a skrake down from across the map with 1 well placed shot having this creature fall before doing any damage to the player or his teammates

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That break down is pretty accurate. However; the most common player type I've come across is probably a blend between the "im too cool" and "blame others." I've got a couple of friends that are the "humble professional" and 2 that are "captains" as previously stated those 2 qualities are few and far between you'll almost never see these guys/girls playing alone usually on a full server so joining these elite players can sometimes be a bit of a challenge that's the main reason I started this thread is that so new players can play with the most helpful and probably some of the best players ever to play killing floor (again not being narcissistic not me) in my opinion.
Lone wolf is my most undesirable trait though...
Im gonna start off by saying this. I own a LOT of swords knifes daggers axes and yes spears. but Berserker class isn't that important in fact id go as far as saying its pretty useless now don't get me wrong for those of you who like it the feeling of being up close and personal with the thing trying to kill you, doing to them what they do to you is a good feeling and its awesome swinging a sword or an axe with all the rage in your body knowing that your enemy will cripple to the ground and bleed to death at your feet is awesome. But for this game berserkers aren't given a real chance when it comes to playing as a team because you must leave the team to get kills making this THE lone wolf class of choice... that is why I feel the way I do about this class in this game.
Now for the continuation of what I was saying other classes can do what the Berserker class can do without having to break the line or lose armor or health for example the Berserker can take down a skrake pretty easily without losing too much health because of their ability to stun their enemies but a sharp shooter with a cross bow can put a skrake down from across the map with 1 well placed shot having this creature fall before doing any damage to the player or his teammates

Not really. In my opinion, Berserkers are very useful even if they don't "lone wolf".

For example, I was playing this Farm map and of course, we were roaming around the map. I noticed we had a less hard time because the Berserker would just move around the squad and kill anything that:
a) Gets too close and we were busy handling something else
b) Scrakes/Husks/Fleshies

Apart from that, he would act as some sort of a bodyguard for the Sharpshooter and Demolitions Expert, saving them the ammo by killing off most of the Clots/Gorefasts that came after them.

Of course he occasionally stranded off a bit but we were within seeing distance and that's pretty fine by me.

Upvote 0
Like I said I don't mean to hate on it because my personality loves the class but my mindset does not it can be a lot of help but I just don't like it really.
not to mention when they are using it like that, that's when it is useful however most people do not most just scurry away sword in hand

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I said I don't mean to hate on it because my personality loves the class but my mindset does not it can be a lot of help but I just don't like it really.
not to mention when they are using it like that, that's when it is useful however most people do not most just scurry away sword in hand

Yes, but what I stated means that the potential is there. You see lots of Firebugs and Demolitions spamming around but that doesn't mean they're useless.

Upvote 0
I can't really see how fire bug or demolition can spam kills fire bug is the actual support for all other classes it pretty much makes their jobs easier and demos use explosives you can't control splash damage so that's not really spamming besides im not talking about kill spamming however that should not be done and is a pain in the *** when people will break formation to run and get kills. Im just saying that Berserker is pretty much the only one that a team of 6 could really do with out.
The formation should be as follows.
Row 1. Support, commando, fire bug (and Berserker if you really have to have one)
Row 2. Sharp shooter, and demolition
Row 3. Medic
The demo and fire bug can move pretty much where ever it doesn't much matter where they are as said earlier demos splash damage gets most of their kills and fire bug supports all classes so its placement doesn't really matter. But a good well balanced team should have 1 of both. And all on the front row need to take a knee
Stick to the formation and your golden spread out a bit yeah whatever is comfortable but don't go running around getting in front of the sharps or demos or even your fellow linemen.
Those of you who are just about to get the game or are still brand new to the game less than 8 hours please listen to the people trying to help you sure some of them know only slightly more than you but really any tips are helpful.

Upvote 0
I can't really see how fire bug or demolition can spam kills fire bug is the actual support for all other classes it pretty much makes their jobs easier and demos use explosives you can't control splash damage so that's not really spamming besides im not talking about kill spamming however that should not be done and is a pain in the *** when people will break formation to run and get kills. Im just saying that Berserker is pretty much the only one that a team of 6 could really do with out.
Row 1. Support, commando, fire bug (and Berserker if you really have to have one)
Row 3. Medic
The demo and fire bug can move pretty much where ever it doesn't much matter where they are as said earlier demos splash damage gets most of their kills and fire bug supports all classes so its placement doesn't really matter. But a good well balanced team should have 1 of both. And all on the front row need to take a knee
Stick to the formation and your golden spread out a bit yeah whatever is comfortable but don't go running around getting in front of the sharps or demos or even your fellow linemen.
Those of you who are just about to get the game or are still brand new to the game less than 8 hours please listen to the people trying to help you sure some of them know only slightly more than you but really any tips are helpful.

I actually disagree with you a little. Front lines should be Support, and berserker (unless support is maintaining a weld behind), and everything else should kinda fall in behind them. Not necessarily having 3 lines. Everything else can shoot from a distance. Supports and Berserkers don't have that luxury, especially the berserker. That's why often times you see a berserker kiting large areas away from the team or with some distance. Medics should be about middle ground in the group so they can go either way or heal either way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Row 3. Medic

What I was talking about was Demos doing:
1. See a lone Clot.
2. Decides it's funny to kill it with a grenade.
3. Grenade causes a smoke screen.
4. Smoke screen disappears and hello Fleshpound.

And for Firebugs:
1. Hold down Mouse1.
2. Move your mouse every once in a while.
3. Make it hard for everyone else to see.
4. Rage when your Flamethrower ammo runs out and you die.

Upvote 0
Both good points.
Basically do what your supposed to don't get in the way don't be stupid and don't be an *** hole. Its fun to kick jerks
One thing that still perplexes me is why do sharps want to stand in front and spam kills? What is the point of that? Sharps are meant for the big stuff not clots or crawlers I can understand when the people up front wont take a knee so you get around to see but why stay there with just a 9mm when my shot gun can clear the crowd and the stupidest thing about that is that this generally afflicts level 3 and up sharps not so much the noobs.
And to add a little tid bit to the Berserker debate... today I played a match with this guy who was a level 6 Berserker... he didn't face many at first or at least he couldn't have I was a level 4 sharp with only a handcannon because I messed up on accident in the trader... anyway there were 2 other low level players who were supposed to cover me and he decided not to stick around we got the wave down to about half and then they ditched me I got killed they got killed by husks and then they went to kill him and he was running around finally getting some action getting kills and was saying how bad we are and how much noobs we are (this is on normal and I was teaching 1 guy and helping the other) he was finally put down also by a husk and blamed us for it... not much of a fight just doesn't make me like Berserker even less than before because most of the people I've come across with a level 6 Berserker or just Berserker in general is like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, just bought the game and haven't even started playing yet, but a quick question before I do...

Would experience with Left 4 Dead or L4D2 help with team-playing strategies? The two game series seem to be similar, but this game seems to focus on class-based specializations.

well, L4D can actually help in a lot of ways; it can help some people with situational awareness and remembering to stick with the team. I think the big difference though is that one is more "offensive", with you sticking as a team while you move, while KF allows either movement or whatever; its totally up to you how you deal with the menace.

Yeah, the teams do have a lot of class-based specialization stuff as well, but its pretty easy to catch on and get the hang of it; each perk is weak in some areas, strong in others, so getting the hang of what your team needs and what perk/strategy you will do to help complete that team shouldn't be too hard if you're actively trying to figure it out.

Anyways, I blather on. In any case, enjoy KF! :D I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Upvote 0
I hate players that are, let's say firebug, and when a fleshpound comes they just use as much fire they can to make as much dmg as possible for them.

The problem is just that I as sharpshooter can take out a fleshpound by myself with 2 shots from the crossbow, but it's almost impossible to get good shots when there is fire everywhere and a raging fleshpound is running towards you.

Upvote 0
Spammers man spammers..
It's really stupid when experienced players spam kills especially on beginner or normal where people are just getting started trying to build up. Point is if you aren't leveling a weak perk or helping a new player get started then you shouldn't be on beginner or normal and think your the best player on the game. The best players aren't the ones that get the most kills or never dies or even the one who saves the team from losing...
The best players are those who want to work as a team who are willing to go save someone else at the risk to them selves and who are willing to work as what is required/desired and stick to the classes strength not spam kills from other players.
I've never really understood why people play multiplayer on a team based game when they treat their team as if they aren't there at all... those are the players that make me wish friendly fire was on... its easier just to put them down like a rabid dog.

Upvote 0