• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New player with a hope and an idea

Naanos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2024
Hello all, started during free weekend, love the game! Really wished I had time back when it was released to play (newborn stealing my attention, haha)

Now that I have played a bunch, I do find a pretty big problem with the game, and it's the fact that taking a risk, means basically nothing, resulting in to many fire fights to win. I have had to many games end before the 3rd terminal was found, I've been attacked with 4 staff and 3 guards watching over my death and the player going to cover 1 second later without penalty. I've been chased across the map without the other player having any reason to stop.

So my idea is to make the risk worse for the attacker, especially when in areas where attacking shouldn't really be an option unless you know for sure you can survive it. Why would attacking another player in the staff, guard or terminal rooms be so easy?

Shouldn't there be risks of major damage from the NPCs or the world in general? Why aren't there risks of losing abilities, or being drained of intel, ammo, door cards or chips? It's even worse when you start moving toward the vault, we are spies risking our lives to get the objective, and the biggest risk is the other spies...??

No wonder players will attack other players so easily without worry, the game itself, which has SO much more to offer than fire fights, doesn't do anything to discourage it. Heck just being able to run full time because the NPCs don't bat an eye, and nothing really stops you from doing so. If I saw some dude running around a staff room, guard room, or even vault, I would be questioning that!

The maps are so well made, with so many side areas where you could have fire fight, put reward or secondary objectives there, not mains ones but by doing them you could get an upgrade to do with the vault, which should also be a lot more deadly to start fire fights in. A spy shouldn't be freely walking in, firing at others, to a vault that took 3 terminals just to open, without some heavy guard or map hazards for breaking that cover.

Again this should all be for the one picking to fire first, where you better be ready to attack, and you better hope you know you can win the kill and get out alive. I am not saying the one being attacked shouldn't have some danger too, but getting killed first, than seeing in view mode the NPCs and map did nothing to them, really makes me wonder why not just play a FPS with a bigger player base?

Anyway, I really love this game, and I hope it sticks around, it gives me the No One Lives Forever feel, and that is a great thing.