• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New map for testing

Excellent work Six_Ten, thanks for sharing :D Keep it up - I'll be looking to download and test this tonight. I hope you can make good progress and get this working on a server - I don't remember playing this map in RO1, but I'm certainly looking forward to trying it with RO2 :)

So what is the point of making maps if people can't tell how they feel about it, how can the map designer make his map better if everyone just circlejerks around saying that it's "awesome". :rolleyes:

And likewise, how is a map creator going to fix things with unqualified comments like "textures are all crappy"? :) The mind boggles.

Dude: Hey, I need you to fix my printer for me.
IT: What's wrong with it?
Dude: It's all crappy
IT: ...

Upvote 0
How's Ogledow going to work online sans personnel carriers?

Tanks and infantry will have to work closely together -- infantry will need to use tanks for cover, and tanks will depend upon infantry support to keep enemy AT off them. There's a lot of open space and long ranges. Adapt, improvise, and overcome.

Are you going to add more spawn zones?

No.

Upvote 0
IS it just me or is it just the way the engine and zoom and sprint work in RO2- but it seems a little tighter in scale than the original.. I wonder if we need to enlarge maps to take this into account.

Great work though.. I wonder if that stupid pop up grass can ever be fixed.. Also how do you go about making deployment areas on the windows etc.

Upvote 0
So what is the point of making maps if people can't tell how they feel about it, how can the map designer make his map better if everyone just circlejerks around saying that it's "awesome". :rolleyes:

It's dumb to downvote a guy because he had a different opinion.
he offered no helpful criticism at all. just pooped on six tens efforts. and it's even dumber to downvote me because you think i did it to him. because i didn't. i felt it was enough just to point out what a waste of skin he was. you two can go have your circle-jerk now. middle-man.

Upvote 0
It's great to see maps underway, and since I've never played this map in RO1 - I look forward to hitting it for real :)

For all of you guys who never played the original Ogledow, go buy RO Ostfront now and load it -- its a great game, and loads of fun. The original Ogledow is a blast with a good team. My goal for this version is to do it justice and make it as much of a great battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For all of you guys who never played the original Ogledow, go buy RO Ostfront now and load it -- its a great game, and loads of fun. The original Ogledow is a blast with a good team. My goal for this version is to do it justice and make it as much of a great battle.

I'm not coming from the RO1 stock, but I understand your point of view. Just keep up the good work :)

Upvote 0

Using the little SU-76 was fun on that map - burning Panzers everywhere

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
The only problem I can see right now, is if there is still a problem with the aimbot tankers. I don't know if they fixed that stupid issue they created, but I would wonder if it would ruin this map. I mean, I play on fjr, and they don't have tankers on any of the combined arms map. I assume it is becasue of the flawed tanking system.

But it would be really cool if we could get a member of the community to cover down for TWI's mistakes and remove the auto shooting feature or something. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
The only problem I can see right now, is if there is still a problem with the aimbot tankers.

Pretty sure this problem does still exist :( Tanks are also disabled on my regular servers too, and I haven't played many rounds at all with tanks present. I don't tank myself, but it's definitely nice to have them on the battlefield.

Upvote 0