• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New ideea for ranking system

Victhor-ASH

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
Romania
I have a ideea of a new class system based on points ,so lets say you have at first 7 points ,whit those points you take a class like assault and you buy the weapons ,lets say ,youre a german you can buy a Mp 40 with 4 points ,if you want any upgrades for it you will need to spend one more points ,the same applies for pistols and grenades ,also bandages. The pistol would be 2 points and grendes 1 so you need to choose carefully what you keep or not in your class. So if you want other weapon for the assault you can also choose the Mkb ,but it will cost you more lets say like 5 and a half . Also if you level up you get like 0,25 at first level ,at the second 0,50 points and after you get 1 ,the point sytem goes again to 0,25 until you get max level .

The weapon will depend on the class , lets say if you have a sniper , you cant use so many points because the sniper would be pretty expansive , like a kar98 scoped is 5 points with upgrade is 6 and if you want a binocle it costs you 2 more , you can also purchase instead of that a pistol you need to choose . I think this will make the weapon system and the upgrades much more stable . I saw this Ranking ideea put in practice in Fear 2 Multiplayer , it worked very well.Also if you want to have a enemy weapon you will need to pay like 6 for ppsh because it will be available to equip only on a higher rank. So you need to be careful what you pick .

I disagree.

And here is why: Everyone would rank up everything without much effort. Say you are uber awesome at assault class, but terrible machinegunner. No worries, you just play assault, max out assault's gear, then play some more assault and max out the machingunner's gear without ever having to play as one.

So, in my opinion, no. Having to work with your weapons to 'level them up' is great, since it "forces" you to learn how to play each class.

I for example, will never ever have a lvl50 sniper of any kind, because I suck badly at them. Single, bolt-action rifles on the other hand...

Upvote 0
What about if the ranking all happens in the single map cycle.

So at the beginning everyone has level 1 weapon load out and level 1 benefits. Once you kill 10 people, then you go to level 2 and get the unlock and whatever benefits. When you kill another 10 people then you go to level 3 and so forth.

When the map ends you go back to level 1.

Upvote 0
How about the following:

Weapons are limited to their classes. Rifleman can only get a rifle, assaults can only get assaults and so forth.

However, SLs and Commanders can choose between rifle, semi and assault weapons.

On the other hand:
/irony on
How about everyone is getting issued a pistol only upon each spawn. Then, for each kill, you get 10 bucks. Once you have earned enough money, you can go to a weapon stand which can be found in each corner of the map and there, you can buy the weapon you want? However, this is of course limited by the amount of rifles being on sale, meaning that if e.g. 3 assault rifles are sold initially, after 1 has been sold, the price for the remaining 2 assault rifles would increase. Supply and demand you know.

The player that is running a stand can also improve in rank. After he sold 1000 guns, the initial stand will become a bazaar, where buyers need to bid for the weapon and the highest price is sold. Hero weapon dealer rank would then be an auction, where a real life bidding starts only after at least 10 buyers show up.

This would greatly improve gameplay since RO 2 would become a kind of economy sim besides a shooter and would be truely innovative as this has never been targeted in any shooter before.
/irony off

Upvote 0
How about, you start as a rookie with a bolt action rifle and then when you have proven yourself in that class you move up to a machine gunner and after that you can play the smg?

Or, you start as a rookie with a bolt action rifle and then when you have proven yourself in that class your NCO is shot and killed by a sniper leaving you with no proof of your accomplishments so you are passed over by Hans for a promotion and then have to slug out another few brutal weeks at the front line with your trusty k98 :)

No disrespect man I'm just feeling conversational today. I agree with Cat and lucifer on this one probably. I like the idea of a weapon "purchase" system as it keeps variety on the battlefield, but just not in a game like RO where both sides were pretty strict when it comes to standard equipment.

Upvote 0
Maybe ,it would be cool for a new system but this one about points would be pretty cool, in this way if you get a scope for the mkb you dont have to worry in keeping it , you can get rid of it and attach instead a bayonet , the same for the Avt , also maybe this way it would get rid of all weapon spamming ,its pretty annoying to see a russian with a mkb. They should be very rare weapons.Because this will force you to choose a weapon that would be useful for you . I dont mean that every class should have like 7 points ,it wouldnt be fair , a sniper class should have less or maybe the sniper should cost more.Will make the classes more like in Red orchestra Ostfront and sincerly get rid of weapon ranking and also improvement of stats ,its useless in a REALISM GAME .

Last edited:
Upvote 0