• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New game mode: ZED Team deathmatch!!! (mutator)

I can muck around with the map, that is my specialty, beig using Unreal Ed for years. :D

Tell me what you want done and I'll do it... When i have time. This would work even better if one person did some work, then said "I'm busy can't do it for now". Then that person puts the map into a filesharing site and someone else continues where they left. I've got uni in a month and i'm working on another map, so I'll see what i can do. But yeah, suggest and I'll let you know if I can do it. Try not to make it to programming intensive, that IS NOT my specialty :(

Upvote 0
I can muck around with the map, that is my specialty, beig using Unreal Ed for years. :D

Tell me what you want done and I'll do it... When i have time. This would work even better if one person did some work, then said "I'm busy can't do it for now". Then that person puts the map into a filesharing site and someone else continues where they left. I've got uni in a month and i'm working on another map, so I'll see what i can do. But yeah, suggest and I'll let you know if I can do it. Try not to make it to programming intensive, that IS NOT my specialty :(
well, just modify Evil Santa's Lair:
- invisible walls for zeds so they can't get out of map. The Evil Santa's Lair got such spots...
- if that's possible, set spawn areas:
Team 1 - same place as normally humans do
Team 2 - near the furthest trader
- Set Patriarch's spawn right down from the Robotclaus' chair, and make Robot Claus spawn right in front of the chair
- If possible, make a scoreboard at one of the walls outside, which shows how many points Team 1 and Team 2 have

Upvote 0
Ok, invisible walls I believe should be no problem and spawn points should not be tricky, only problem is this is not a team based game, i'm not sure that the Spawn points are going to have a command that states "Team 1 spawn only" or "Team 2 spawn only". Someone is going to need to do the programming first i'm afraid.

This seems a bit beyond me, it isn't so much level editing as programming a few things and placing them in the level. I'm happy to do the walls, but I don't know how i would do the rest... :(

Sorry man

Upvote 0
Ok, invisible walls I believe should be no problem and spawn points should not be tricky, only problem is this is not a team based game, i'm not sure that the Spawn points are going to have a command that states "Team 1 spawn only" or "Team 2 spawn only". Someone is going to need to do the programming first i'm afraid.

This seems a bit beyond me, it isn't so much level editing as programming a few things and placing them in the level. I'm happy to do the walls, but I don't know how i would do the rest... :(

Sorry man
Hmm... Of what I heard from BlackCheetah, the KF engine actually includes 3 teams. That's how he based his mutator. There r spectators, team 1, and not used normally team 2. IDK yet how to make it work with team 2 and a map, but I am sure it is possible.
But yeah, as someone said - Rome wasn't built in one day :rolleyes:

Upvote 0