• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Brute concept art

Most zeds seem to have telltale ways of distinguishing them from eachother, unlike the old KF mod where everything looked the same except in size.

If you go with a sort of fur look and make it fit in then the Brute probably wouldn't need any other distinction, but if it's hairless that might be a bit tougher.

Clot = white
Bloat, Siren = yellow
Crawler = black
Gorefast = red
Husk = brown
Stalker = transparent, white
Scrake = blue, white
Fleshpound = light on chest and back

So maybe it could just have an odd skin color, or marks like bruises all over his body? Just throwing out ideas - and sorry for the loose pronouns, never sure what to call specimens.

Upvote 0
The thing on his right arm makes him look too much like a Husk/half a Fleshpound. Also, the metal shard in his shoulder seems directly lifted from the Fleshpound.

Yes they were in fact, the reason I did that was to take things 100% kf and apply them to my design in order to see if the character would fit in with the other zeds. nothing is permanent and all is subject to change besides I didn't really like the arm thing anyway :D

Upvote 0
I don't like it. If you want a Gorilla-like Brute, I suggest you remove some fur from the arms and around the plated areas and make it taller.
From the official description from the guys that made the mutator, Brute's are super buffed boxer specimens.

I have multiple drawings throughout this thread did you get a chance to look at any other than the first two? they are more hybrid gorilla/man, taller no hair.

Upvote 0
Wish I could draw like that.

Anyway, maybe if you took the metal shard out of his shoulder and put a line of them running up his back it would differentiate from other specimens more. Also, you could lose the metal arm but keep the piping running from muscle to muscle as if transporting some sort of stimulant.

I like the thumb like toes coming out the side of his feet though, they're creepy.

Upvote 0
I heard Mr. Gibson say that Tripwire likes the Brute idea but it needed to fit kf's art style better. I personally agree, The Brute is a good idea but needs the art changes so here is what I came up with! Like it or hate it I wanna know, thanks.

I also take no credit for the original Idea of "The Brute"

Two words: Hairy Tank! :troll:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think the blocking arm should be a lot bigger than the other arm.

The rest of the body would look like a normal Gorilla. Relatively harmless looking, but with an enormous mutated bionic arm attached to it.

Just before attacking, it's facial expression should change from that of a relatively tame animal to some horrific beast, its jaw unhinging to reveal a mouth bristling with an insane amount of sharp teeth (Gentlemen?), and it's eyes slightly popping out of its sockets.

Upvote 0