• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New ad for Korean tourism

Korea is actually a great place to visit. I had some wonderful times in Seoul and Busan.

There are few cities that have nightlife better than you will find in InSaDong district.

Also, it's really easy to make friends in Korea - if you arrive from Tokyo, Narita and they ask you how their country compares to Japan, just say it's better. They will then take you round, introducing you to all their friends as "the guy who says we're better than Japan" and everyone buys you a drink, offers you their daughter etc. :)

Of course, not being US military personnel always helps.;)

Also, Korean films generally pwn and their animators are easily the best.

Upvote 0
Of course, not being US military personnel always helps
Thanks...I'm moving there this summer because I am a military brat :cool: I am looking forward to seeing Asia before college (right now I am in Belgium, so you can see why I am looking forward to Korea).

Although I'm not sure if I totally believe you because a lot of the guys that go over to Korea come back with rather nice-looking wives :p Not to mention none of the Koreans I know nor "white" friends of mine that have lived there talk about any "hostility" to Americans because of their profession/nationality (excluding the protesters on the streets and DPRK border guards).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't expect any gratitude...I'm not in the military nor did I fight in the Korean war...so I'm not owed any. What I would have a problem with would be people insulting me because of where I come from, I'm not looking for praise or hostility because of my nationality.

*note, I'm not one of those "my country saved ur *** in WWII" type Americans, those MOH-player types are beyond annoying (although I believe there are kids from other nations that act exactly the same way)

Here's to bucking stereotypes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyways, imo you will have a great time out there.

If you can take the time to learn Hang-Gul character writing as well you will come to appreciate that Western ideas on how things should be done (even something as simple as writing words) are not necessarily always best. Wish I had time to learn it.

Also Korean barbecue shacks are teh pwn. Food always tastes better if you cook it yourself, wrap it in some indeterminate leaf, eat it and wash it down with soju. :D

Upvote 0
Cool, I was told that learning Han-geul is something I should look into (I have looked at it a little, so far it seems easier to learn than Chinese characters).

Food always tastes better if you cook it yourself

Which is exactly why a Korean friend of ours came over and taught us how to cook Korean food :D

I can't wait to get there this September , I'll be a few miles south of Seoul at Osan.

Upvote 0