• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nazi Zombies

Because of the title guys check this out - http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=43&ch=4&sd=1

naziszombiecodwawur0.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want to put in my two cents on this--I think it's true that the pace of RO would make a zombie mod super freaky.

Would it be possible to add zombies as AI controlled civilians who pop out of buildings during a normal battle? It seems to me that would allow for each team to be fighting the Germans or Soviets at the same time they have zombies to worry about. But if that were the case, I think it would be way too harsh to have zombies spread an infection--you'd be getting infected because your team wasn't good enough to defend you, but then they'd face an even tougher task of facing additional zombies (and the opposing team)--a task that would quickly grow exponentially harder. But then again, maybe that's something people would want: no protracted battles, instead the first team that has even a couple of minutes of bad luck/low skill gets wiped out fast.

Also, the zombies would have to be made from a cartoonishly low poly count. RO already eats resources, so if you really wanted to have zombie hordes they'd have to be made of 10 polygons each or something.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Whilst I haven't come across any documented Nazi zombies, there are written accounts of the Japanese army trying to use the undead as a biological weapon in WW2 after having obtained them in Manchuria. Needless to say their plans backfired mostly and when the Russians invaded all specimens and documentation disappeared (Brooks [2004] 2006: 219-222).

Upvote 0
I thought about having a Nazi Zombie mod, what I thought was taking an already existing map (one of the trench maps IMO, best for melee warfare), possibly making it nighttime, then making the German team zombies, where they have bayonets only and when you die as a Russian you switch to German. Easy (no mapping required, only a different texture (a new model is unnecessary, just make the textures look undeadish) and some programming to remove the bullets from the German rifles and make it so that teams switch after death, possibly removing Russian sprinting?) So not too overly difficult, sounds fun to me. I think removing the ammo caches would be necessary though, otherwise the MGs and SMGs can just pour on the fire forever.

Upvote 0