• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My new flamethrower

Deo spray+lighter - Any spray plus a lighter is almost like flamethrower
With a shorter range and maybe the ability to pull the cap off, light the outpouring gas and have an impro-firegrenade that way.

Molotov - Redundant, we already have fire grenade
Only 5 of them.
Also a molotov would let the ground burn for a while, making it a great desensive weapon like pipebombs.

Gas Canister - If this is placeable, it's redundant, we have a pipe bomb for that
More like pouring gas on the ground and then lighting it up with the flamer or a 9mm shot or a burning specimen to create walls of fire?

All standard weapons with phosphorus ammo - That would make Firebug overpower all the other perks.
How exactly?
It's not like he gets any additional bonuses with them like the other perks.

Flaregun, Napalm launcher, Quad launcher, The husks fireball arm - Redundant, we already have a rocket launcher and two grenade launchers
By that logic, the medigun is also redundant because we already have the bullpup, AK and SCAR.
Besides, how would that be any more redundant than just a flamethrower with a different coloured flame, mr. smartass?
At least those ideas (which aren't mine btw) are a bit more creative than 'let's make a new flamethrower that shoots flames that are green and do more damage hurr'.

I like how you argue against other ideas while by yourself proposing the most un-creative idea ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With a shorter range and maybe the ability to pull the cap off, light the outpouring gas and have an impro-firegrenade that way.
So we have another fire grenade. What's the difference between this and the regular fire grenade?

Only 5 of them.
Also a molotov would let the ground burn for a while, making it a great desensive weapon like pipebombs.
This is copying off Left4Dead. If Tripwire Interactive is going to add this to KF, they will have to get through Valve first. And even if they do, if this is added, Tripwire will be seen as "copycats"

More like pouring gas on the ground and then lighting it up with the flamer or a 9mm shot or a burning specimen to create walls of fire?
Okay the Gas Canister might be acceptable in this concept but I don't see why it is necessary

How exactly?
It's not like he gets any additional bonuses with them like the other perks.
If you're saying that we should add burning bullets for firebug then we might as well add explosive bullets for demolitions and poisonous bullets for field medic.

By that logic, the medigun is also redundant because we already have the bullpup, AK and SCAR.
Besides, how would that be any more redundant than just a flamethrower with a different coloured flame, mr. smartass?
Okay, I'll admit it. Redundancy is not the right problem here. But please, take a look at what Tripwire has done to the other classes. A shotgun has been added to Support Spec, a rifle has been added to Sharpshooter and an assault rifle has been added to Commando but you're suggesting a grenade/rocket launcher for Firebug!? Even incendiary launchers will fall under Demolitions more than they fall under Firebug (is there a launcher that fires a non explosive round?). I suggested a new flamethrower, because it follows the trend of how Tripwire levels up the other perks instead of going all wild and deciding to add anything that burns. Also you said the MP7 is redundant to Bullpup, AK47, and SCAR. MP7 is nowhere NEAR the same as assault rifles; it's inaccurate, it's weak, it has the medic attachment that the assault rifles don't have and according to other players, it stops you dead in its tracks when firing.

At least those ideas (which aren't mine btw) are a bit more creative than 'let's make a new flamethrower that shoots flames that are green and do more damage hurr'.
Maybe, but that kind of creativity is stepping out of the boundaries when you're suggesting explosives for a firebug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is copying off Left4Dead. If Tripwire Interactive is going to add this to KF, they will have to get through Valve first. And even if they do, if this is added, Tripwire will be seen as "copycats"

Valve does not have anny copyright on Molotov cocktail
The bombs were derisively named after the then Foreign Minister of the Soviet Union, Vyacheslav Molotov, by the Finns during the Winter War.

Tripwire as copycats?
emm hello Killingfloor launched in 2005
L4d in 2008!

Upvote 0
Neoco, you think Molotov's are redundant and L4D invented it so TWI has to ask permission to use it? Stated already, but Valve has no copyright over those cocktails, so they are free to implement it into the game.

As for redundancy, last I checked, you made a thread about improving the original flamethrower that did the same exact thing, but more powerful. That is not contradicting yourself at all, buddy.

Anyways, I'm not too fond of the Molotov weapon myself, but I definitely do like the idea of some sort of "firewall," that can fend off some ZED's that will burn themselves so players can get some time to recooperate when things start to hit the fan.

Upvote 0
Okay, I'll admit it. Redundancy is not the right problem here. But please, take a look at what Tripwire has done to the other classes. A shotgun has been added to Support Spec, a rifle has been added to Sharpshooter and an assault rifle has been added to Commando but you're suggesting a grenade/rocket launcher for Firebug!? Even incendiary launchers will fall under Demolitions more than they fall under Firebug (is there a launcher that fires a non explosive round?). I suggested a new flamethrower, because it follows the trend of how Tripwire levels up the other perks instead of going all wild and deciding to add anything that burns. Also you said the MP7 is redundant to Bullpup, AK47, and SCAR. MP7 is nowhere NEAR the same as assault rifles; it's inaccurate, it's weak, it has the medic attachment that the assault rifles don't have and according to other players, it stops you dead in its tracks when firing.
I didn't say it is redundant and the job of the dude who sets things on fire is to set things on fire so I named some *existing* weapons that set things on fire.
Now I don't know if toxical flamethrowers actually exist, my guess is that you completely made that up, and I'd also like to remind you of the 'tradition' of twi to add only realistic weaponry to the survivors. (minus magical wood-welding welders and healing syringes)

Maybe, but that kind of creativity is stepping out of the boundaries when you're suggesting explosives for a firebug.
How is the idea of a flamer that is just a stronger flamer that shoots green fire stepping out of any 'boundaries' or even 'creative', exactly?
Also when did I name a weapon that does nothing but explode?

Last edited:
Upvote 0