• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Ideas after a couple of hours

Gernot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 5, 2015
Hello, I am new to this forums so I hope It is Ok when I post a new topic with my ideas to the game. I made this lsit during playing so i wrote down every thought i had. Some of them are just bugs I want to report.
So here is it (kept short, i use numbers so other users can comment on them):

1) I can't really see the chat behind the heli's HUD
2) It would be great to have a chatbox so when pressing "y" you can see messages that dissapeared before
3) The graphics of the game could be better, i mean especially the low resolution textures
4) I don't like these voices like "Objective is being attacked". They are anoying and make the game unrealistic
5) I can't really say why but the mouse movemt was a bit better in RO2
6) It is not possible to switch seats in helicopters when it would be possible in real life (for example from left MG to right MG). It would be really nice if you made this animated, like realoading in tanks in RO2 when the reloading-guy dies and you have to reload manualy
7) I think it would be great when every couple of thousend shoots the gun is randomly jammed
8) Sometimes there are gliches when you walk in houses
9) You should make more maps with clearer lines of enemies (are they called "front" in english too?) (like in Rising Strom 1) because teamplay would be better
10) Especially point 9) is resulting in a Insurgency (the Steam-Game) like gameplay that should be in RS2
11) The friendly's player ID that can be seen when looking to one of your teammates should not be this obviously. When aiming at a guy you should first have to look if he is in your team
12) Climbing things is not working often
13) The cahracter dies to quick when jumping from hight
14) Please don't visualise where shots come from; just make the sound good enough so you can hear it!

Thank you for reading, I hope this helped

1) Agree
2) Totally agree!
3) Well yeah, don't expect AAA-Graphics but I think they will further improve a bit in the future. I mean... RS1 looked better in a way.
4) Those are placeholders and will be changed to proper voices.
5) Naah, I don't think this is true and many people will agree with me
6) I don't AMG/TWI will ever animate vehicles etc. again like this because it wasn't successful at all!
7) Jamming won't be included in the game because it would piss off people
8) AMG/TWI is aware of that and they will fix many geometry-related issues.
9) I agree on this in a way but they should not overdo it like in RS1 because every map felt the same in a way.
11) Well, currently there is a record of teamkills in RS2 and many people have difficulties in recognizing teammates. Making it less obvious wouldn't help that!
12) Mantling is improved compared to RO2/RS but yeah.. it's not good compared to other games like Doom or CoD
13) I think it is okay right now compared to RO2/RS but could be even less damage.
14) I think the grey directional hint where shots are coming from doesn't feel natural as well. It should be more subtile and should vanish when a dying animation kicks in.

Upvote 0
You can change seats with the number keys.

Animating seat changes on the Transport chopper would be hilarious lol. Not to mention there would have to be 30 animations for changing seats on the huey.

You'd end up with everyone on the helicopter changing seats at all times as they can walk around. Not to mention everyone would clip through each other.

Upvote 0
RS1 looked better in a way.
I think we're going to have to post some side by side comparisons between RO2, RS1 and RS2, because this gets bandied around a lot, but it's just not true and side-by-side shots really show just how much better RS2 looks.

) I can't really say why but the mouse movemt was a bit better in RO2
Strange. This hasn't changed. Unless you mean while ironsighted? We did change the default handling there - RO2 had ironsight freeaim always on. We still have that option, you just need to set it in the options menu. :)

Upvote 0