• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My First Truck! 1988 Chevrolet 1500 PICS INSIDE

Skip

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2006
Here's some pics.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

R-Side.jpg

D-Side.jpg

CD.jpg

Mileage.jpg

And last but not least, the ghetto head liner.
GhettoH-Liner.jpg

This guy took care of this thing better than a girl does her shoes, all I gotta do is replace the serpantine belt and fix the leak on my clutch and also get my power breaks inspected, they arn't operating like they should. I'm also gonna get some black diamond plate bed caps and I have 2 decent sized speakers I'm gonna stick in it right behind both seats. Prolly poot like 8ft. wire on it so when I'm out partying I can stick the speakers on my roof and crank 'er up.

Stick shift, probably a 4.3 V6 in it, right?

Serpentine belt is easy as pie. Make sure the tensioner's still Ok, I don't remember the exact years, but a lot of Chevy trucks around that time had crappy tensioners.

Is it a C1500 or K1500?

Just pull the whole headliner out...

Wow, that's a lot of miles!

Power brakes don't work right? How so? Those trucks have kind of crappy brakes... Front suspension is also not so good, especially watch the idler arm. Using a mid-size car suspension and front brakes from the '60's on a truck is my biggest gripe with these.

Upvote 0
I had a 1989 S-10 Cameo edition, it was a rocking ass truck. Too bad I got t-boned on the interstae. I loved my ride.

Congrats on the truck though, comes in handy in a lot of situations, plus you will get a lot of friends, it seems as if they need to be moved for some reason though!

***EDIT, I might be wrong, but it looks like a short bed, and the only thing better than a shortbed is a stepside. :D

*******EDIT EDIT - I just noticed over 300k on the odometer, that is sweet!

Upvote 0