• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] KF Community Beta

My current take on how things are atm.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Another set of changes are up. The demo change was to reduce his sell potential but not cripple him entirely, so I gave him extra frags. The command damage boost is slight, but allows bullpup to 1 hit decap/kill the trash specimens. The fleshpound has some abilities from his super zombies counterpart and a new way to trigger the rage state. Lastly, the burn DOT was shortened with damage increments increased to compensate.

Upvote 0
Actually, been calculating a few things and here are some thoughts:

All perks as of current (retail) always get more money from their level 6 spawn, which i would say is perfectly intended.

However, with these beta changes to Sharpshooter and Demolitions, their level 6 spawning weapons are worth LESS than their level 5 ones (even if you count in getting 3 nades for level 6 demo!). Thus i propose something else, that will ensure you a better value:

Sharpshooter
5: LAR
6: Crossbow (make it more expensive, 1000 or 1250, but give it Sharpie discount. Problem solved :))

Demolitions
5: 3 extra nades + 1 Pipebomb
6: 3 extra nades + M79

That is more progressive in terms of value and also in tier-terms (The Handcannon and the LAR are both tier 1 weapons...)

EDIT: Also, rethinking the Commando's new strength, isn't allowing the Bullpup to decap the trash maybe a bit too strong, considering its incredibly low recoil and cost? Isn't it better to make it "stronger" by making it weigh only 5 (and making SCAR weigh 7, now when it pierces) instead of increasing the power to 60%?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still see no point in adding pipes as a spawn weapon, though; maybe for level 6 with a launcher, but alone or even with nades, it feels very out of place. The changes have shifted it into territory for big game hunting, which sure doesnt happen wave 1.

Maybe true, but the only other option i can think of is:

5 = 3-6 handgrenades
6 = 3 handgrenades + M79

However, giving pipebombs on level 5 (but then keeping nades at only 3), would mean you at least have 3 options with the pipes:
* Use it in a defensive spot if you want/if it's "needed".
* To have something to sell after the first round.
* To keep it and save for later waves.

Starting with the M79 already at level 5 doesn't work economically though, as it is wrong in terms of logical selling values (as i explained in my previous post).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sorry if this is too much to read, but here is my rethought opinion of all things:

Spoiler!

Keep up the awesome work! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This firebug is very happy with the changes.
Also the Demo start kits feel as it missing something, but i guess there isn't really something lower than the m79 to start with is there excluding pipe bombs.
Well the only thing i found currently that could be a middle the m79 and m32 is the "china Lake Grenade Launcher" wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Lake_Grenade_Launcher

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't played in the team yet, but have tested mutator on the testmap. So here comes my thoughts:

Commando
Added +10% damage and penetration makes him rock again against trash. I started to use it in auto-mode again. Scrake still needs a full magazine to be emptied into the head, so Commando didn't become Scrake-killer again, but he can Scrake if it necessary.
Bullpup, however, became OP, because now he can decap trash zeds in 1 shot on HoE (add here also huge magazine, low recoil and great sights). I suggest to leave Bullpup damage bonus at 50%, lower its weight to 5 and increase Scar's weight to 6. So You can choose between:
* Scar+AK47 (+maybe Machete or/and Pipes)
* [Scar|AK47]+Bullpup+[Katana|MP7M]
This can make Bullpup used again, but not OP.

Sharpshooter
Spawn with HC is great. You can survive with it alone in early waves (if trader is too far, so you can't shop and get to the spot in time). Also it fixes raising money exploit, when you can suicide as sharpie and spawn with extra

Last edited:
Reactions: Skalli and DDC1234
Upvote 0
Change base damage, bonus, or headshot multiplier - any of this is fine for me if Bullpup will require 2 shots to decap "small heads".
About the pistols... I don't know. Maybe single pistols (both 9mm and HC) should stay at Sharpshooter's perk, while both dualies moved to Commando. Dual 9mm weight might be decreased to 3 or 2 blocks, and with commando damage, recoil and reload bonuses they could be useful. If Dual-HC will be also moved to Commando, then their weight should be increased, let's say - 5 blocks. Increased Dual-HC weight will help Sharpshooters too - thay will not be able to equip second HC by accident and loose half of ammunition after drop (when using xbow+HC combo).
So if bullpup and scar weights will be switched (bullpup: 6->5, scar: 5->6), Dual 9mm weight changed to 2, and Dual-HC - to 5, then where will be possible such combinations:
* Scar + AK47 + Dual-9mm
* Scar + AK47 [+ Machete] [+ Pipes]
* Scar + Bullpup + Katana
* Scar + Bullpup + Medic gun
* Scar + Dual-HC + Katana
* Scar + Dual-HC + Medic gun.

Upvote 0
Please keep ideas and opinions on the other thread in the General section and leave this one for trouble shooting, bugs, and technical support. I don't want to be looking through multiple threads.

I don't see the point of slight increase of LAW damage. It is still not enough to kill Scrake or Fleshpound with 2 rockets on 6p HoE.

It 2 shots 6 man HoE fp. Don't use the side room to test explosives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the pistols... I don't know. Maybe single pistols (both 9mm and HC) should stay at Sharpshooter's perk, while both dualies moved to Commando.
I think that would be too troublesome to have. Think about it:
* Dual HC would get discount for Commando, but not single?
* Single HC/9mm would level Sharpie, dual would level Commando?
* Killing a Stalker with single HC/9mm wouldn't level the Commando's Stalker requirement, but duals would?
It would be too inconsistant all over the place. Either give both dual and single to Commando, or keep it for the Sharpie.

Dual 9mm weight might be decreased to 3 or 2 blocks, and with commando damage, recoil and reload bonuses they could be useful.
Yup ^^

If Dual-HC will be also moved to Commando, then their weight should be increased, let's say - 5 blocks.
Why? With what other benefit will the increased weight come with? More ammo? If nothing is gained with an increased weight, it would be pointless. I'd say leave the Dual HC's as they are now or:
Single HC - 80 total ammo, 4 weight
Dual HC - 160 total ammo, 7 weight :cool: (then it's a slight gain in total ammo to weight ratio!)

Increased Dual-HC weight will help Sharpshooters too - thay will not be able to equip second HC by accident and loose half of ammunition after drop (when using xbow+HC combo).
By my proposed weight (and ammo) idea (both for 9mm and HC), there would be close to 0 problems with pickups.
1) 2nd pistols requires more spare weight in both cases
2) If you still do pick one extra pistol up, and throw it back down (and bug fixed) you will not lose as much ammo as now (as the total cap would be up to 160 / 300 ammo, thus split the newly gained ammo AND old ammo in half, thus you wouldnt lose as much!)

With my proposed changes to weights, the possible (perked) combos i can think of are (With Scar=7, Ak=6, Bullpup=5, HC=4, DHC=7, D9mm=2):

SCAR + AK (+ Single 9mm)
SCAR + Bullpup + Dual 9mm
SCAR + Handcannon + Dual 9mm
SCAR + Dual Handcannon (+ Single 9mm)
AK + Bullpup + Dual 9mm
AK + HC + Dual 9mm
AK + Dual HC (+ Single 9mm)
Bullpup + Dual HC + Dual 9mm

Don't think there is any other perked full combo than that.

EDIT:
Please keep ideas and opinions on the other thread in the General section and leave this one for trouble shooting, bugs, and technical support. I don't want to be looking through multiple threads.

Sorry, didn't see this post until after i posted :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Marco's Voting Handler Fix? But players should exit game and relaunch KF to get back their perks otherwise perks would be at lvl 0. ;)

its not even that, the server doesnt offer to select perks once we restarted with normal mode (taking off the kfcommbeta and server veterancy mutators).

It didnt matter if it was done through webadmin or in-game vote, both lead to the same result.

I was forced to close the server app (ucc.exe) and restart to have perks and achievements again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its not even that, the server doesnt offer to select perks once we restarted with normal mode (taking off the kfcommbeta and server veterancy mutators).

It didnt matter if it was done through webadmin or in-game vote, both lead to the same result.

I was forced to close the server app (ucc.exe) and restart to have perks and achievements again.

Indeed, i've forgotten to add KF Community Beta! :eek:

Upvote 0
*EDIT*
Bug has been fixed, clients can see the updated trader list on dedicated servers
------
Added 3 bug fixes, ability to configure specimen hp, and gave dual HC and dual 9mm bonuses to support and commando respectively. I did not remove dual 9mm and dual hc bonuses from sharpshooter just yet.

The specimen configuration option chooses the max of number of living players or the number specified in the configuration menu. Setting the value to 1 will have the specimen's hp follow the same rules in the base game. Conversely, increasing the number, up to 6, will have the specimen's hp never go below the given number. For example, if you set it to 6, then all specimens will spawn with 6 player's worth of hp, regardless of how many people are alive or in game. Since damage dealt by the specimens is based on number of players, that is also adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0