• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MP7+Medic Perk

Mr. Shoe

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2006
I like this gun. More so, I like the effective combination of a defensive weapon with the ability to heal my teammates from across the map (literally.)

The MP7 does fine in easy, normal, and sometimes hard. But even on hard, the 5th to 6th waves, if you got a full server, you got problems.

You end up wasting more ammo than you ever do hitting enemies, and that's saying something as all other in-game weapons have very low inaccuracies and recoil at higher perk levels.

The fact that the gun slows me down to a stop when I fire it, as well as does little to no body damage at all (headshots are a must) makes it the least optimal choice for medics.

I can simply switch quickly between my medigun and the shotgun and stay safer than I can with just using the MP7.

I know, balance and all. But this gun should only act the way it does if you aren't a medic. At lvl 5 medic I'm twice as likely to be buying a shotgun for twice as much money than I am going to be buying the MP7.

In suicidal, I won't touch it. It severely cuts down my usefulness, and although I'm a literal tank, I can't take anything out without the help of two teammates, so the trade-off is negative. That extra 150 gone out of my pocket would have been ammo, grenades or half a shotgun.

The medic, as he is, should always stay safe and should never be a tank. He needs to not get hit, so he should have a powerful and large ammo supply within a close range package to protect his weak armor and health.

As it is, tt just makes no sense that the guy who you want to keep safe and at a distance (which he can now do) so that he won't die has the most amount of damage resistance of ALL CLASSES.

Just as well, the class least likely to be in the fray and being vomitted on by bloats, has more bloat resistance than the zerker, who is always in the fray.

These seem to me, to be statistics way more suited to the beserker class, who hails power within the middle of destruction and in your face melee damage.

So, trade the medics stats for body armor and bloat resistance, for MP7 recoil and accuracy. Give more body armor effectiveness AND 100% bloat resistance to our zerker at lvl 6.

Simple solution, and would make far more sense than the current iteration of perk balance. The zerker would be more of your in-crowd tank control, your medic, your long range healer.

i sort of agree that they should give bloat resistance to beserkers.

You mean like the 80% Bile resistance Zerkers already have at lvl6?

@OP The gun is for self defence and to kill maybe the odd sneaky Crawler/Stalker. If your trying to use the Medgun as a frontline assault weapon you clearly should be playing Commando. If your having to defend yourself that much either your in the wrong place or your team sucks.

Upvote 0
I disagree, and I love to play as medic.

1) Medic are suppose to be protected by other team members, and focus on healing.
2) The Medic Gun are great against smaller zombies if used properly, leaving the other teams members to focus on other enemies.
3) Because he is protected and have such great armor, he can use a crowssbow to headshot incoming tougher enemies, except the Flesh Pounder.

I think the medic is just right as he is. I would only add immunity against cloth grabbing because it would give freedom for him to run and heal on desesparate situations.

Upvote 0
Don't you dare remove any defences from the medic for some retarded damage/accuracy bonuses. He does his job perfectly as a healer now with his m7 and the fixing of the healing system as a whole. He can carry pretty much any other weapon he wishes while still having his m7.

Level 6 Medic - 75% bloat bile resistance

Level 6 Berserker - 80 % bloat bile resistance.

Upvote 0
Okay, I had to re-write this twice.

There are a few problems with the medic and MP7 that are obvious to anyone that plays above Normal with any team that is on a pub, THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS.

Sorry if most of you are in clans and come to the forums or have a whole group of friends, but there are a lot of servers and players with people that are just rag-tag.

The first problem lies in the medics perks, I've said it before in other threads, and I'll say it again. Just because RPG's make the healer a tank, doesn't mean it should apply to class based FPS.

That damage and bloat resistance lowered to make focus on the medic, your lifeline at times, a priority. Keep him alive, keep the team alive. Give the zerker those in trade, and he has the option to own once again (given that his god damn chainsaw is fixed.)

At the same time, a high level medic should have a third tier weapon to save his life, as well as the teams life. The MP7 is classed third tier, it is a special weapon and a tool, what a weird combination huh?

However, this third tier weapon acts more like an auto-beretta and less like the recoil it touts.

Currently, it's ridiculous and halting of your movement equates that physically the weapon would have high stopping power and piercing.

However, all that recoil, which is defined as the amount of force felt in a weapons discharge, not as the amount of spread, or inaccuracy felt in the movement of the barrel, equates to nothing. You have a gun that stops you like the hunting shotgun, and yet it has no power.

Why do that to literally the fastest class in the game. (overall, zerkers cannot run with anything but melee, medics can run with everything)

Why give him a third tier weapon, that like the chainsaw, blows turds? It shoots BBs, has super high recoil and inaccuracy, and is a waste of fecking money.

Why even buy it when I can use all that cash to buy better weapons and use the hold the line tactic permanently, leave my friends behind and be the last to survive all the time?

The solution, that is needed, is to either take away the recoil, or make the perk affect the weapon.

There's no point in a stopped medic. He needs to be able to outrun everything in order to save the team and save himself. He doesn't need a gun that hinders that ability.

You could also dampen recoil and increase power within levels of the perk, as a trade-off to the increasing of damage and resistance to the perk. This is less appealing to me because many people know the medic as a tank.

If you're trying to make it obvious that the medic should stand back and save the team though, then you should give him a hunting shotgun like weapon that actually acts like the hunting shotgun, and not like a 40 round beretta.

That way you realize the low ammo and high power is meant to save you, and not assault the team.

The recoil is ridiculous at any rate, and doesn't add to the game and effectively ruins this gun. The inaccuracy isn't helping either, but that can be looked over if I can just run and gun and escape the five fecking crawlers that kill me all the time in suicidal.

Upvote 0
The weapons recoil amounts to the fact it is in unskilled hands. The Medic would have a basic understanding of firearms and isn't a battle-hardened fragmachine who can hold 2 LMGs on top of a pile of specimen skulls. Its not meant to be anything but a close range weapon. There are a whole selection of alternative weapons you can use if you want to kick *** and chew bubblegum.

As for his perk stats. Bloat Bile resistance was given for helping out frontline Zerkers as i would understand it. Something that is now fairly irrelevant (both because Zerkers are now a waste of space and because the gun has a ranged med-dart). Body Armour i assume was chosen for the same reason. Its also much higher than the Berserkers Damage Resistance because the Body Armour will break eventually and offer 0% protection, preventing you from 'tanking'.

It costs less than

Upvote 0
I see the MP7 as the Tier 1 weapon for what will eventually be the Medic's specialty, sub machine guns.

It's very obviously only a Tier 1 weapon. All it does is make me more excited about the possibilities of what Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be. Mark my words, next patch that adds weapons we're probably gonna see at least one new SMG for Medic.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I love the MP7M. 90% of the "stopping" problem is solved if you use a combination of tactics called DISTANCE, HEADSHOTS, ACCURACY, TERRAIN.

I was playing Foundry on Hard earlier today with my favorite loadout (MP7M, M72GL, Katana, Pipebombs) and each of those weapons had a role in defeating the 200-odd zed waves I had to fight through when my four teammates literally died in the first fifteen seconds. The MP7M is used to take out Gorefasts, Clots, Stalkers, and Crawlers. Just do a few bursts to each in the head, and it drops. You don't NEED to stop, you don't need to retard your performance in combat by wasting ammunition with full-auto-streams of fire.

The MG72GL takes out groups of zeds, most of the Scrake's backup, the Katana takes out the Scrake and the Pipebombs were to weaken the Fleshpounds to the point where I could GL them once and Katana them a few times to finish them off.

If you actually use tactics, strategy, and terrain, the MP7M is the PERFECT weapon, and the entire reason I LOVE the medic class. Less recoil and more accuracy or power would completely overpower the weapon-side of the MP7M's purpose: to heal teammates from afar (which, tragically, wasn't possible when we were swamped by scrakes, sirens, and gorefasts right out of the trader.

By taking damage on purpose, like jumping from Foundry's second floor, and healing immediately, you can avoid the clusterf*ck of zombies until you have a more advantageous position.

The perfect scenario, though, is when you can focus on keeping your teammates alive because they actually know how to play and keep themselves alive long enough to get healed.

END OF RANT. END OF STORY.

Upvote 0
I see the MP7 as the Tier 1 weapon for what will eventually be the Medic's specialty, sub machine guns.

It's very obviously only a Tier 1 weapon. All it does is make me more excited about the possibilities of what Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be. Mark my words, next patch that adds weapons we're probably gonna see at least one new SMG for Medic.

Didn't see this.

I hadn't thought about it, but that would be AWESOME!
Although I'd consider it a tier 2 weapon for it's usefulness. Tier 1 is the healing syringe, ignoring it's not class-specific designation.

Upvote 0
Why even buy it when I can use all that cash to buy better weapons and use the hold the line tactic permanently, leave my friends behind and be the last to survive all the time?
Yes you can use all the 90 pounds to buy a SCAR.
And you don't have to spray it like a madman which you must do, as much as you complain about how this weapon stops you while firing.
I don't have that problem because I aim and only shoot in short bursts like you should do or else you're caught in that dreadfully long reload animation in no time.
I do think that thing needs a buff though, maybe make the medic reload faster and/or lower the fire rate while making it a lot more precise (that thing sprays like hell) or raise the clipsize and maybe ake it a tad stronger in the hands of a medic cause right now it's even weaker than the bullpup.

And I'd also like to see that ridiculous baseprice of 3000 fixed to 300 or something.
It's by far not a weapon any class other than medic can use 'effectively' (more like it sucks even more) so there's no reason for that price barrier cause noone with a brain would touch that thing if they're no medic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's no point in a stopped medic. He needs to be able to outrun everything in order to save the team and save himself. He doesn't need a gun that hinders that ability.

This new medic gun removes the tiresome hunt with the syringe if you actually learn how to hit with the darts. Even with a SCAR or M14 plus the medic gun you are still quite fast, but you don't have to outrun anyone when you can just fill them with darts.

At level 5 it costs 150 if I remember right. At level 6 you spawn with it and it costs 90 in the shop.

Upvote 0
Its a backup weapon
Medic heals.
Get another gun as your main

/thread

This. Seriously, this is all. It's NOT a main weapon. It's a healing tool. Consider the bullets to be it's 'Emergency' function. If you want an "SMG" type gun, get the Bullpup because anyone sane WILL NOT try to use this as a primary weapon.

It's only 3 KG, so you can easily get a Crossbow, Shotgun, Lever Action Rifle, Bullpup, Handcannon, Katana, ect, to go with it, but you cannot, I repeat, CANNOT fight with it, because you're not supposed to!

Upvote 0
Very obvious that no one here has an arguement hasn't played anything higher than normal mode.

The gun sucks at higher levels and STOPS you with one shot, yes, stops you dead in your tracks, you don't automatically start running full speed.

Anybody who uses the hold the line technique will realize if they actually used this gun that zeds in the way of your teammates automatically make the gun fail.

If they are going to add more SMGs, then fine, but currently, its worthless and any player would realize that 4-5 different classes + another offensive class rather than a medic will do you better any day.

BTW, laughable that anybody things you can snipe with this. Yeah, I'm sure after the 25th round that you finally got that headshot on the clot four miles across the map is truly an accomplishment.

Also, whoever said I just gun with it with auto is also an idiot, as I've been saying, you don't need to full-auto for it to deaden your movement completely.

How about hitting all the crawlers on the ground that just blocked your escape route and then making it out of it?

Nuff' said.

Upvote 0