• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mouse input

Mouse input

• Hell yes!

Votes: 69 89.6%
  • I hate everybody

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters

moleculo

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
since I have nothing better to do I have now created this thread to raise awareness of the apparently very bad mouse input options in the game

uno: the sensitivity slider doesn't go low enough. low enough sensitivity is a crucial option to have for some people

dos: it's been reported the game has well noticeable amounts of forced mouse acceleration. this is something no FPS game should have by default in 2015, and the fact that you can't disable it is very very bad

After getting my key I have to say the mouse sensitivity/accel is bad. Coming from counter strike like sensitivities to this is jarring.instead of one rotation when going the width of my mouse pad, at 0 sens and 800 dpi I turn 3+ times. 0 seems arbitrary since usually in pc fps's that number is a multiplicative. AKA 800dpi at sens 1.5 is approximately equivalent to 1200dpi. I really hope this is fixed because the rest of the game is great, but poor input can make for an underwhelming experience.

Upvote 0
I found a variable called "bEnableMouseSmoothing" inside of path_to_your_steam_library\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\Engine\Config\BaseInput.ini which appears to control mouse smoothing. Setting it to "false" has made the game feel more responsive to me. Perhaps someone else can give it a whirl to determine whether or not I'm imagining things.:p

Upvote 0