• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Most Wanted Unannounced games

Something that will make games as a whole realize that an educational game need not necessarily be limited to Sid Meier, Will Wright, and edutainment. A proper work of literature would be wonderful, not just a novel made into a game, but something written for this medium that's more than just the loose shell of a backstory Halo provides. Something that will keep the mainstream occupied, but at the same time not make the underlying story not so underlying, and not so damned ignorable.

The HL series was great and all, but the amazing writing and presentation the games have is often overlooked.

Upvote 0
2LtBen, I'm with you there. Did you ever play Undying? I don't know if that was a book or not but the story was pretty good. System Shock 2 stands out in my mind as the best storyline in an FPS ever, and arguably one of the best in a video game.

I'm waiting for the social commentary genre to really pick up. It sounds silly, but I think it would help further video games as an art medium. Bully really could have been the ground-breaker for that, but Rockstar failed to play it up to its fullest, and released it as they would any other game. I'd like to see something that looks at middle eastern politics, or even domestic (in the US) politics. Or something that deals with the UN and its possible collapse, and the consequences, and if it would be worth saving or scrapping for something new. Those kinds of games.

Upvote 0
all the old dos games from sierra especially, remade.

such as the police quests, space quests, kings quests, etc.

and also classics from that age such as shogun, and covert ops.

those games didnt need graphics, they had story line and great writing.

imagine if we had great graphics now with them? :p

Upvote 0