• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

More historical loadouts for Realism mode

• Yes

Votes: 658 95.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 4.9%

• Total voters
Besides the poll (and the need for such a game mode, which I voted for, not against) I wanted to show you this picture of the situation for the 13th Guards Rifle at Stalingrad Station 1 (Station map, in-game).

150 German SMG's (plus a couple of tanks)

David M. Glantz, The Stalingrad trilogy (2009) part 2, Armageddon in Stalingrad, Chapter 3, page 195.

DSC00522.jpg

That picture proves what? 150 smgs and 1000 riflemen? please dont start an argument again about how the majority stalingrad combat situation had more smgs than rifles because you are mistaken because I can also give you links from multiple videos showing riflemen charging and in combat situations in and around stalingrad.

Upvote 0
I couldnt read all the pages. But i agree lockdown needs to be fixed. I cant tell you how many times i was holding a position well when all of sudden its like "your in protected area" and like an idiot im popping in and back out of cover just trying to run back and then drop dead immediately. I mean cmon let me fight my way out or to my last breath.

also i think flamethrowers would be awesome. where are the flamethrowers im surprised they didnt make it into the game all things considering. I understand its probably difficult to implement but wouldnt that be cool?

Lastly BF3 has a hardcore mode so not everyone is going to be playing the arcade version. Yup its nothing like ro2 but its not bad either.

Upvote 0
That picture proves what? 150 smgs and 1000 riflemen? please dont start an argument again about how the majority stalingrad combat situation had more smgs than rifles because you are mistaken because I can also give you links from multiple videos showing riflemen charging and in combat situations in and around stalingrad.

It proves there were these high concentrations of automatics in general.
We know about Russian units being equiped with mostly SMG's.
Now we have a bit of proof that even the Germans concentrated their SMG's as well.

B.t.w. 13th Guards Rifle had 10.000 men when they were sent to Stalingrad 1 Station.
Do you think all of those 10.000 were inside the building?

Anyway, I'm trying to convince people that Stalingrad was different from the battles that pre date it. (defenses on the perimeter which got bombed and shelled into oblivion before the german rifle squads came in to mop up the rest of the very small resistance left in those cities). Odessa, Kiev, Kharkov.
Stalingrad didn't have perimeter defenses. The City was defended from inside.

Upvote 0
Would be nice to have historically accurate weapons in realism mode but I don't see it happening. Having half the team running around with MKB 42s, G41s and MP40s seems to be a deliberate design choice.

Same here :(

And the entire russian team that spawn with MG-34 and g41. I can't even understand how they minded to imagine this concept.

Upvote 0

But this is not a random video, with no context.
This is the text accompanying the map I posted.

No mention of any rifle squads. They do mention another "kampfgruppe" though (do I need to ask how likely this group would consist of even more SMG squads?).

SMGsquad.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Comrade Kaizer
Upvote 0
33 people are CoD noobs?

33 people don't know how to use bolts?

33 people think that German weapons are super koolz?

33 people think that Russian weapons are awesome because they can say "in Soviet Russia gun uses you"?

33 people dunno how to aim?

33 people are trolls?

33 people are Germans in Russian disguises?

33 people are Russian in German disguises?

33 people have time machines?

33 people can cross the world in seconds?

33 people hate this comment?

33 people are ignorant?

33 people don't care and just wan't to slaughter people efficiently?

33 people can probably add to this list?

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
Yeah that was the main initial draw for me with RO mod. I came from a COD UO tactical realism mod and loved the emphasis on making your shots count rather than just spamming until something dies. That was one of the main draws to WW2 games too, the fact they have bolts

What Ost did so well though was balancing the single shot bolts with smgs/semis by use of recoil/sway, free aim, bullet dip etc. Added to that was the class limits ofc. The gun balance was just great imo. Even with smgs and semis you had to think about how you played or have to use bursts or control recoil etc, and if you found yourself in a close range fight as a bolter you could kill with a well aimed hip shot. Now you have instant iron sights, no recoil, no sway, bleeding and slow deaths etc. I see for Stalingrad TW want SMG's, but they should make them more difficult to use in that case or add some realism inspired difficulty factors. Or just reduce their numbers.

They could give bolts to Squad leaders, or only a pistol. Remove the option of a semi style weapon (Mkb, AVT) for assault class. Reduce the semi auto class numbers etc.

The gameplay just feels very weak compared to Ostfront and there are lots of ways around that, hopefully without mods

Upvote 0