• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Firebug Weapons

ARGH!

L.A.S.E.R. = Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I personally would like to see an oxy-acetylene torch as a firebug weapon. It uses a mixture of acetylene gas and oxygen, and has a very high-temperature flame that can make a very nasty burn. The range is quite low, but it would be compensated by the massive damage. Might be handy for cutting limbs off specimens, or even decapitating them. :)

Perhaps give the welder an additional functionality as a weapon for the firebug, like has been suggested earlier?

Maybe make it possible for the firebug to blind the enemy with his flamer/welder/grenades? I mean, having eyeballs on fire tend to affect vision quite dramatically... :p

Upvote 0
Wow. Lasers and plasma and traps and fire extinguishers. You know everyone is a 5 year old at heart. :p

How about making money flammable? Let the money stay on the ground for a longer period of time and you could use it as a temporary artificial firewall. It may be powerful, but also very expensive if not used wisely. The benefit of this is that there are no new weapons to implement, and it actually makes sense.

Upvote 0
Funny nobody mentioned "Gascan and Matches". It would be a great area denial weapon. Pour some gasoline, flick a match... Ability to pour gasoline on Fleshpounds and setting them on fire would be even more awesome then burning them with a Flamethrower.

Walls of fire would make this mild pyromaniac really happy.

Edit: Wait someone did mention them... I think we should press for gascan and matches. Rest of the suggestion are just silly. I doubt it is that hard to implement, but then again I don't know how much it would complicate current code...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i agree with the crazy recoil >:I its so annoying when im having a lot of barbecuing the zombies and then all of a sudden i go crazy and set everything else that's not a zombie :I i seriously don't think people would recoil if they used a flamethrower in real life....

maybe someone can suggest give people power ups like a firebug can set melee weapons and arrows on fire to give extra damage. it'd be pretty cool seeing a zerker with a flamin' chainsaw XD or even a flaming katana

not sure about the weapons though never heard of anything else that can't light people on fire....hmmmmm i read someones post that said something like putting oil on the ground and waiting for zombies to walk over them but.....wouldn't that be a little much because then the creators would have to add extra details and stuff :I im just saying...

right now in my mind im just imagining setting other players on fire and letting them be suicidal and catching the zombies on fire XD mehhehehehe

Upvote 0
GENTLEMEN. I HAVE THE ANSWER THE NEXT FIREBUG WEAPON.

It's going to cost 2000 Pounds, weigh 14 blocks, and look like this.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/HumanTorch.gif
HumanTorch.gif
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/HumanTorch.gif

Note: Comes with levitation, and 100% fireproof powers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A flare gun as a weapon sounds really weird.

Team Fortress 2 pulled it off pretty convincingly, albeit in a somewhat comical manner. If they give it REASON to be a good weapon (IE, flares amplified somehow or substituted with White Phosphorus or Napalm rounds) then it'd be nice to have.

As for being 'ridiculous', I find that a Laser that can light things on fire if you keep it focused on them to be no more ridiculous than a Katana that can cut through the steel-reinforced head of a Fleshpound with no resistance of any kind.

The short-range flamethrower would be nice too.

In all honesty, though I doubt they'd spill the beans on any ideas they might have, I'd like to hear some ideas from the Tripwire devs on Firebug weapons and concepts. It'd be awesome to get, if nothing else, confirmation that something IS planned for the Firebug!

Upvote 0
At the very least, after seeing Left 4 Dead 2's lame 'Fire bullets', I'm convinced that those are a type of weapon we DON'T want for Firebug...

*PEWPEWPEW* EVERYONE BURNS! just kills any feeling of realism...

Incendiary ammo could be used for the firebug to penetrate better (in other words give the firebug extra penetration), it would however encroach upon Commando territory.

Since this seems to be the main place where eveyrone puts in their 2 cents, I'll post my suggestion here.

How about if the firebug with the M79, instead of firing HE grenades, fired white phosphorous grenades that does little damage upfront but does a lot of damage over time? It fills an area for 5-10 seconds, and if an enemy stays there or has to travel through a hallway, damage is gradually ramped up. If fired directly upon an enemy, it "burns" them (white phosphorous burns when in direct contact with skin) and only ends when they die (or in the Patriarch's case when he heals himself).

It costs 100 Pounds for an HE grenade, 150-200 for a firebug.

Obviously cost can be adjusted. Any criticism?

And just for fun (not intended to be actually true), give a L5 Firebug a thermobaric warhead for his LAW. What it does is instead of damage upon impact, it hits the surface, release some smoke, followed up by a big fireball. The fireball does a lot damage (enough to kill a FP) and the overpressure from it effectively extends the killing zone (overpressure is enough to kill a scrake). If fired near allies, it causes their screen to shake and aim their weapons like in Red Orchestra (your weapon points in the direction you're moving the screen towards). Obviously fire too close to yourself and you die.

Upvote 0