• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more brutality

Melee is extremely tame IMO. It needs to be brutal-ized, with screaming and gurgly noises. Instead, we're all silent and unaffected when we get stabbed in the heart. Which is another thing that annoys me, I liked melee SO MUCH MORE in the mod, where a single stab to the chest or head killed, but hte legs and arms just wounded them.

Upvote 0
Zell said:
Melee is extremely tame IMO. It needs to be brutal-ized, with screaming and gurgly noises. Instead, we're all silent and unaffected when we get stabbed in the heart. Which is another thing that annoys me, I liked melee SO MUCH MORE in the mod, where a single stab to the chest or head killed, but hte legs and arms just wounded them.

I wouldnt go that far, but I think it would be pretty real to see your bayonet going into the other avitar, maybe a twist option to kill them in one stab cause God knows a guy in real life was not effected by being stabbed.

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
You want to see what it was like go rent a movie called "Down Fall"
it looks at hitler during the last few weeks of berlin...there are a couple of scenes that shows the last few children defending berlin with 88's and anti tank guns...pretty intense

i rented that movie when i saw it on the shelf it looked interesting..good movie..pretty disturbing at times for the weak of heart though

Upvote 0
lumberg said:
i suggest more brutal features..a flame thrower? maybe that isnt viable..but something that is just disturbingly brutal and yet was actually in the battles of that time...if anyone knows , is anything like this planned? a special screaming sound effect for someone being ran over by a tank?

Though I'm 15 I wish you could see what happens to someone when they get shot. I can't imagine what happens when run over by a tank or burned by a Flamethrower. I was shot twice. Once by my own father. That was in the leg with a .38 caliber Webley Revolver with hollow point rounds. The other was in the chest. That came from a 9mm Uzi. Let's say I was standing at the wrong place at the wrong time. You should be happy you can't see what happens and live in your little sheltered world were your parents provide everything you could ever want.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
Though I'm 15 I wish you could see what happens to someone when they get shot. I can't imagine what happens when run over by a tank or burned by a Flamethrower. I was shot twice. Once by my own father. That was in the leg with a .38 caliber Webley Revolver with hollow point rounds. The other was in the chest. That came from a 9mm Uzi. Let's say I was standing at the wrong place at the wrong time. You should be happy you can't see what happens and live in your little sheltered world were your parents provide everything you could ever want.

:confused:

Upvote 0
Heldentod said:
Yea we need definatly more gore

Right on, there are enough games out if you wanna play a nice game. This game finally comes pretty close to realism as i've seen before in a ww2 shooter.
Its about time theres an as real as possible ww2 experience out in a game. Lets push it to the edge while we're at it. I dont wanna play this game with mind set to zero, then I could play numerous other ww2 shooters. Since this is realism, give us some, the more the better. Dont let us only shoot at distant targets, give us the concenquences as well of that target being hit on painfull spot. It would be great to play this game and actually feel in a real war, altough being relatively safe, since its just a game.

Upvote 0
sucks

sucks

I kept telling you this game sucks, and it will never make it as a popular on-line game they should have just kept it as a single player game for 10 bucks because thats all its worth... And steam made a bad mistake in taking a third rate game at best and adding it to there line up... i look in the server list and i see alot of empty servers.... gosh i wonder why? yours truly Boyd P.S have the game run on the hl2 engine then you might have something.....

Upvote 0
Boyd said:
I kept telling you this game sucks, and it will never make it as a popular on-line game they should have just kept it as a single player game for 10 bucks because thats all its worth... And steam made a bad mistake in taking a third rate game at best and adding it to there line up... i look in the server list and i see alot of empty servers.... gosh i wonder why? yours truly Boyd P.S have the game run on the hl2 engine then you might have something.....

thats a bunch of crap...the game would have only been neglibly better on the source engine ...tripwire did a great job with this game..all it needs is more content and gameplay additions over a period of time and it will grow into simply one of the best games ever..its already very close

Upvote 0
Russkie11 said:
You guys are acting like a bunch of sissies. War is hell and very gross/brutal at that.
Again I will say it: I HAVE been in a real war and seen what "real gore" is. Have you seen a real solider with blown off limbs? With a fatal bullet wound to the back of the head? With their insides blown open by an IED? Have you ever stood in a pool of blood trying to save said casualties?

In conclusion I'll say it again, TW has already depicted this type of stuff very well. Anything else would be overkill, IMO.

Upvote 0
Ok

Ok

LukeFF said:
Again I will say it: I HAVE been in a real war and seen what "real gore" is. Have you seen a real solider with blown off limbs? With a fatal bullet wound to the back of the head? With their insides blown open by an IED? Have you ever stood in a pool of blood trying to save said casualties?

In conclusion I'll say it again, TW has already depicted this type of stuff very well. Anything else would be overkill, IMO.
thanks for serving this country... All that im an saying is that the game sucks as it is right now.... maby with a patch or two the game will get better... but i have my doubts....

Upvote 0