• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Modern Warfare 3

Couldn't resist. With the christmas bonus on my account and a nice birthday discount coupon for the retailer of my choice, I bought it.

SP is, as was expected, a silly, over the top adrenaline rush, honed to absolute perfection. And they managed to avoid the "shooting gallery feel" of MW 1+2 and BlOps, I haven't encountered an instances of enemies popping out of the same window numerous times until you move on. It's really a fun SP experience on PS3.

But I do find it quite amusing that it shares quite a lot with other triple A titles that came out recently, namely Uncharted 3 and BF3:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
WTF is Modern Warfare 3? - YouTube

(War)fail is strong in this one :)
These videos are so entertaining lol.

EDIT:

Though honestly his criticism that MW3 doesn't have a FOV setting in the options menu is a bit over critical considering no CoD game has ever had that option --not that this is a good thing, of course. It's just to be expected I guess.

EDIT 2:

OK, so I guess Black Ops let you set a higher FOV. I rescind my previous comment lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My main qualm with this instalment is the fact that they just gave a big middle finger to all the good innovations Treyarch made with Black Ops. I mean, the only thing they borrowed from BlOps was a survival mode.
Yeah I'd have to say that Black Ops, despite its issues, did some good things with CoD. From the presentation side of things, I liked the visual style and the weapon sounds alot more than any MW game.

BTW, did Total Biscuit make one of these vids for RO2? He should, just because it would be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I'd have to say that Black Ops, despite its issues, did some good things with CoD. From the presentation side of things, I liked the visual style and the weapon sounds alot more than any MW game.

BTW, did Total Biscuit make one of these vids for RO2? He should, just because it would be interesting to hear his thoughts.

I saw him playing on our server and he once used RO2 gameplay as backgroud video and it was ~2 months ago, but never done "WTF is RO2" sadly.

Upvote 0
Watched the TB vid for a bit and it's my first time hearing this. There are dedi servers, but you can only rank up in P2P servers, to which you connect via match making. The ****?

I was contemplating getting this game to screw around in, but this alone made me not want to have anything to do with the game.

Upvote 0
Looking at some youtube vids, SSDD. First vid I watched the guy used UMP, second one used an M16. I see they added in the Type 85 as the other 3 round burst weapon (even though when you watch a kill on the killcam you only ever see two shots being fired per burst...never understood that one.) It even looks similar to the FAMAS, which it replaced from MW2. Annnnd...I think I saw a perk that reduces kick. That woul dimply that the weapons in the game have any kick at all? lol. Let's make it even easier to kill each other since we added in twenty ****ing kills-in-a-row rewards.

I wouldn't even play this **** if it was given to me as a gift. I have friends who eat CoD games up without fail, and despite the fact I could play CoD to socialize with them, this time I absolutely refuse to join them. Not for sixty damn dollars. Call me a hermit *shrug*

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
Watched the TB vid for a bit and it's my first time hearing this. There are dedi servers, but you can only rank up in P2P servers, to which you connect via match making. The ****?

I was contemplating getting this game to screw around in, but this alone made me not want to have anything to do with the game.

According to TB, while you don't rank up in dedicated servers, you can have everything unlocked on them. That is already better than RO2 system.

Upvote 0
According to TB, while you don't rank up in dedicated servers, you can have everything unlocked on them. That is already better than RO2 system.
But nobody will be playing MW3 on the dedi servers, since everyone wants to rank up.

Oh and from what I hear they have the same deceptive 4 bar system to show pings as they did with MW2. 1 bar = 100 ping. So you might have full bars (4) and have a ping anywhere between 0 - 100, with 3 bars anywhere between 100-200, etc. I'm guessing you can edit it in the config, as with MW2, and set it to 10 bars with intervals of 20 for example, but doing that just makes it even more glaringly obvious how bad P2P is.

As for RO2, yeah, would rather not have unlocks at all, but at least in RO2 they don't play as big of a role as they do in MW3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In a CoD game? Heh, let me laugh.
If you want innovation and at least some push in the right direction for the series, play a Treyarch developed CoD title. If you want the same **** at $60 a pop, play a IW developed "Modern Warfare" title.

I have MW3 now through Steam. Free. I wouldn't pay for it. I just wanted to do the SP to "finish" this damn story that they have managed to milk for three games now. It's just so tedious that I am about to just play it on Easy just to run through it.

MP, with a few small changes, is essentially a $60 map pack for MW2.

Also there is sMIGRATING HOST ....3....2....1....SELECTING NEW HOST ....3....2....1....ome really annoying issues with the lack of a server browser and dedicated servers again. I was almost spoiled by the fact Treyarch included an actual server browser and dedicated servers in BLOPS only to have it ripped back to the stupid age with the return of IW.net.

Upvote 0
Childish rhetoric aside, you can't discuss piracy here.

I don't mind if children are killed in games, movies or books. I'm really, really disgusted though, if it's done for nothing but cheap, coldly calculated shock-value in a trashy product such as Call of Duty.

Same for the civilian massacre from the previous game, same for the interactive first-person rape sequence in one of the future sequels. You know it's coming, folks. They have to have a shocker per game and sooner or later it's going to come to rape.

Again, nothing against the subject matter as such. But not like this.

Upvote 0
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/11/09/modern-warfare-3-to-get-20-pieces-of-dlc-over-9-months/

MW3 DLC (20 pieces) during the 9-month DLC season

AreYouKiddingMe.png

Upvote 0
I think I just played through the MW3 version of "No Russian".

Spoiler!

Yeah I thought that bit was even more publicity stunt-ish than No Russian,

Spoiler!

Upvote 0