• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Might Skip This Week Playing - Free Weekend of KF2

Bruh if free weekends didn't result in a huge influx of sales no one would do it. Tripwire knows business and I 100% guarantee the free weekends are extremely profitable. They have families to feed, they're not doing it out of the goodness of their heart and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just temporarily annoying for people who know the game.

Pretty much what I wanted to say. Its a demo to the consumer in the case "Should I buy this? I'm having fun playing it". We receive a large fan base but the one's that stay we can only hope they do not have the mentality of toxicity.

Upvote 0
The players who play during the free weekends will never go back that's for sure; The players who play during the free weekends think this is CoD Zombies and they will do fine but they don't and they rage and they never go back

I played Black Ops Zombies before KF. If it wasnt for CoD zombies, i would probably never have botherd with Killling Floor (that and the 1st Summer Sideshow trailer <3).
I did in fact think that Kf was going to be like CodZ with the whole "survive waves" base thing until i actually got a hold of the game.
Now its been 4 years, and i still play both games happily (thou both games do give me triggers when i see selfish/scrub players since both games require lots of teamwork)

Also this game is more mainstream then the first game, so your already getting those type of players you hate so much way before a Free weekend roles in.

Upvote 0
We receive a large fan base but the one's that stay we can only hope they do not have the mentality of toxicity.

Agree. I usually find myself giving help and advice to new players more often in normal time than free weekend time. By then, most new people are actually interested in the game and wish to perfect their play style which make it much easier to assist them.

I introduced a friend to kf2 f2p weekend and after 15 mins of hearing my "advertisement", he went on and bought the deluxe edition :D Been busy helping him ever since.

Upvote 0
It is a free weekend that lets other players demo and playtest the game and potentially broadens the audience which will only helps the community grow.

Utterly ridiculous and petty to complain about a free weekend.

Not really. It's difficult to level up when you cant get past wave 7. Team mates all die except the experienced one which then leaves to clutching it out. I did that five times in a couple of games then figured "Why try, Ill just start the game over again. I know we aren't getting to the boss"

Also saves the pain from everyone watching me run around like a mad man trying to finish the wave. Added stress. It's not fun to the new comers.

Upvote 0
Not really. It's difficult to level up when you cant get past wave 7. Team mates all die except the experienced one which then leaves to clutching it out. I did that five times in a couple of games then figured "Why try, Ill just start the game over again. I know we aren't getting to the boss"

Go play solo if it is bothering you that much. Or find a group of players to get together with through the many outlets of the internet.

Upvote 0
Go play solo if it is bothering you that much. Or find a group of players to get together with through the many outlets of the internet.

I hate solo and my friends are a busy. So pubs at the moment are my only option. Oh well.

TFacciS.png

Upvote 0
A conversation from a Kick-vote off, Suicidal server

A conversation from a Kick-vote off, Suicidal server

liamtranzig: anyone under lvl 15 please leave
player2 (friend): he means you ____
_____: yeah but I played a lot of KF and I wanna see what I can do
liamtranzig: regardless of your kf skills your dmg% n class bonus make you a deadweight on the team; please play hard
_____: ...but KF
liamtranzig: then try it 1st on solo please
_____ has left the game.

* Communication is key. In this scenario I had luck too -to have a somewhat understanding player but had I not... and were kick-vote enabled...

Upvote 0
Any time a player goes on a "you must be this tall to ride the rollercoaster" tirade, I just want to puke.

Half the time it's matchmaking that does it, and part of the time it's not even an issue if they stick with the team. Sure, there's some obvious situations to look out for, like being a level 0 on HoE, but I've seen steam guides and general discussion threads berating low level players from playing above normal difficulty.

"You're ruining the game for players on hard difficulty if you're below level 10" - nope. Assuming they can aim, stick to the team and not do anything ridiculously stupid, even a level 0 Commando isn't a burden to any team on hard difficulty. Why? Because the difference in head health for most zeds isn't substantially higher between 6-player normal and 6-player hard - in most cases, it's the same.

Threads like this make me want to vomit even more. Not only did the player that started the thread click "Ready Up" in a server full of level 0 players, they continued to run as a Gunslinger perk rather than switch to a perk that might have helped more than just themselves. Having the gall to complain about it after you voluntarily clicked "Ready Up", staying for another three waves after the first... at which point do you forfeit your complaint and decide it was your own fault for agreeing to be a part of it in the first place?

The biggest issue isn't level - it's player attitude. This isn't a one-way street when I say player attitude; if you come into the game with a poor attitude towards new players, you're impacting the quality of the game for those players. You're potentially impacting their decision on whether to buy the game, and you're making the community look like a bunch of assholes in the process.

There have been a few defining moments for me in the time I've played this game. Most of them were in situations where I was able to help a struggling team to survive, and show them a few quick solutions to problems they were having. There's also been numerous circumstances where new players have inadvertently shown me a thing or two about the kind of player I am, and how I need to improve. Hopefully the players involved are better for the experience - I know I am.

If you took nothing else away from this wall of crappy text, take this - if you were a new player and were starting out at level 0 everything with little or no knowledge of the game, how would you like the community to receive you?

Upvote 0
Hey now, the kids wanted to have a blast!

Nowadays, when newbies enter a game, they are usually with friends - over skype or in a room with controllers.
What am i implying? You cannot deny that you haven't met naive people who say phrases like - BRING IT ON, HARDEST DIFFICULTY! They just wanna share a few laughs while wiping. I know I did when i first got KF2 at release. We did 3 or 4 games on hard and then decided to see how scary HoE was and believe me, we were laughing and frightened by the sprinting zeds, and more than excited when we saw a Husk use his Flamethrower. So we died, called it a day and began leveling on lower difficulties, just to prepare ourselves for the "End Game".

Also Zedconomy-wise. Have you seen the damn prices on the Marketplace? Are these people mentally challenged or something?!
The more people play, the more drops will commence, thus lowering the prices of the skins, due to money thirst... And all that economy jazz...

Upvote 0
Any time a player goes on a "you must be this tall to ride the rollercoaster" tirade, I just want to puke.

Half the time it's matchmaking that does it, and part of the time it's not even an issue if they stick with the team. Sure, there's some obvious situations to look out for, like being a level 0 on HoE, but I've seen steam guides and general discussion threads berating low level players from playing above normal difficulty.

"You're ruining the game for players on hard difficulty if you're below level 10" - nope. Assuming they can aim, stick to the team and not do anything ridiculously stupid, even a level 0 Commando isn't a burden to any team on hard difficulty. Why? Because the difference in head health for most zeds isn't substantially higher between 6-player normal and 6-player hard - in most cases, it's the same.

Threads like this make me want to vomit even more. Not only did the player that started the thread click "Ready Up" in a server full of level 0 players, they continued to run as a Gunslinger perk rather than switch to a perk that might have helped more than just themselves. Having the gall to complain about it after you voluntarily clicked "Ready Up", staying for another three waves after the first... at which point do you forfeit your complaint and decide it was your own fault for agreeing to be a part of it in the first place?

The biggest issue isn't level - it's player attitude. This isn't a one-way street when I say player attitude; if you come into the game with a poor attitude towards new players, you're impacting the quality of the game for those players. You're potentially impacting their decision on whether to buy the game, and you're making the community look like a bunch of assholes in the process.

There have been a few defining moments for me in the time I've played this game. Most of them were in situations where I was able to help a struggling team to survive, and show them a few quick solutions to problems they were having. There's also been numerous circumstances where new players have inadvertently shown me a thing or two about the kind of player I am, and how I need to improve. Hopefully the players involved are better for the experience - I know I am.

If you took nothing else away from this wall of crappy text, take this - if you were a new player and were starting out at level 0 everything with little or no knowledge of the game, how would you like the community to receive you?

I'm not going to deny that there are toxic players in the KF community. I've encountered them myself. However, player attitude goes both ways. I like to think I'm not a toxic player; if I see newbies doing something wrong, I deliver my advice and suggestions in a polite and non-condescending manner. If I see level 1's and 0's in a suicidal server, I'll politely ask them to leave and suggest that they level up in normal or hard servers first.

The reason I avoid playing during free weekends isn't because I'm so high on my own self pride that I can't stand to be around newbies; it's because free weekends more often than not mean a large influx of toxic players. I hop into a server and get immediately vote-kicked out. I try to coach the new players only to be met with death threats, insults, and suggestions that I commit suicide. I just won't deal with it. I'll happily wait until the wave of toxicity subsides and I can enjoy the game again.

Upvote 0
If players don't want to mingle with the new bunch, that's understandable: there's options to them in terms of passworded servers, solo play or maxing out their party and joining an empty server so there's little or no room for other players.

It just seems a little odd to me that people will be aware of the free weekend, know what's coming, then actively complain about it despite having options available to them to avoid games that are clearly going to frustrate them.

Upvote 0