• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

microphone

Personally I use a desktop mic then I just use a good set of headphones(sound reduction) for sound.

In the last 6 years I have used at least 10 different headsets even some really expensive name brand ones.In time all have went out either the mic or or the right or left headset.It became really annoying which is why I just use a cheap mic and a good set of headphones separately.

Like I said I have had the worst luck with microphone headsets so I have no good answer on what to buy.My wife says I could break a battleship with a q-tip so it may be just me.

I do think headphones is the way to go though unless you have a perfectly set up surround system you get better directional sound with headphones. Not to mention people want hear your speakers blazing in the background while trying to talk....that is really annoying lol

Upvote 0
Mine:

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/lifechat-lx-3000/JUG-00001#details

^ Note that this is a USB headset and does not have a standard headphone/speaker jack.... ensure you have an extra USB slot available prior to purchase.

Works good for me.... have been using it and banging it around for a few months now (almost a year I think) and works fine still.

I generally prefer Bose headsets, but for the price of the above, you can't go wrong and the sound quality is comparable.

I have tested the mic through Skype & calling my family back in Canada from here in Australia and they say I sound like I'm in the next room (while talking to me on their standard LAN Phones with the crappy speaker in the earpiece)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got one for $1.50 delivered from Hong Kong that was totally fine. I upgraded to a logitek because i did but I gave that buck fifty number to someone else and they loved it also.

True story, this person list it behind his desk and was still able to use it !

A buck fifty ! 3.5mm connection. Nothing special.

Best buck fifty I had ever spent, except that time i was at your (insert)'s house and (insert) (insert) (insert) (insert).

Upvote 0