• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Micro Stutter Fix!

Sort of on topic, I had stutters when artillery strikes hit but I managed to resolve that by increasing the audio Max Channels setting. It doesn't actually save in the menus, so I set it in the ROEngine.ini instead. I've got mine running at 128, which requires a standalone sound card and it's definitely just masking the problem rather than fixing it, but it's better than having the game hitch every time an explosion goes off.

YMMV.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sort of on topic, I had stutters when artillery strikes hit but I managed to resolve that by increasing the audio Max Channels setting. It doesn't actually save in the menus, so I set it in the ROEngine.ini instead. I've got mine running at 128, which requires a standalone sound card and it's definitely just masking the problem rather than fixing it, but it's better than having the game hitch every time an explosion goes off.

YMMV.

Does it stay with 128 after game launch ? for some reason when i edit and add 128 the game reset it to 64, how do you done to keep it at 128 please ?

Edit: changed to 128 and it kept 128, if i go to settings for some reason it returns to 64 channel, so not going to settings page will apparently keep the 128, now let's go in game and see how much audio source try to display when using stat audio during arty ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm convinced that most humans have terrible hearing. lol..
These comments blow my mind.

I solved this issue by changing my playback device to 24 bit, 44100. From 24 bit, 48000

EDIT: Well not solved, but removes most micro stutters, and becomes playable.

I'll give this a try, I use Onboard as well but it's quite a nice onboard card. I was using 24bit 96000, I'll drop my sample rate

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Oh, thats true, but still my point is that clearly the on-board audio chip is top-range, including the price, and made with Creative, so no wonder theres no clear difference.

lol.. I'm gonna start doing this. A little detective work to figure out exactly WHY somebody is so ignorant. It would be like an anthropological study. I bet that ethnography would be extensive.

Upvote 0
Oh, thats true, but still my point is that clearly the on-board audio chip is top-range, including the price, and made with Creative, so no wonder theres no clear difference.

But the point is also that I don't use any features from that creative software layer.

Since it's of no need, i got 5.1 so no need for: X-FI CMSS-3D (do test it with it somethimes though, not sure if it's any better), and for games no need for X-Fi Crystalizer. SVM also off and equalizer same.
Except for music, but I am too lazy mostly to turn on Crystalizer and equalizer + that I almost never listen to music.

And paying like €150 for an audio card, if you really want a big difference invest that money in a better headpone or speakers. In my eyes it's not worth the money.

But enough of this discussion :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YMMV.

Thanks, man!! I'll try that :D

Upvote 0
Ouch...

Just wait for tomorrow, hopefully things will be sorted out.

I'm lucky:

160084.jpg

Lol you arent looking towards the big building.
You're looking towards the nothingness.

Obviously you'd have 90 fps then.
I get that too, but once I look at the building, I get like 25-40.

Upvote 0