• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mexican "Narco-Tanks" discovered

I found this story in the news, and decided to give you guys a summary and see what you all think (both out-of-context, and what this really means):
In Cambargo, Mexico, several very interesting vehicles were found by the military in a raid on a cartel safehouse. Two 'monstruos', or 'monster trucks', but hardly the sort of monster truck you'd find in a festival attraction. These vehicles are "assault vehicles, complete with gun turrets, inch-thick steel armor, and battering rams", according to one article in The Week. They are also apparently specially made for urban warfare. Now, assault vehicles meant for urban warfare...this isn't looking like simple subterfuge, bribing, and light counterraiding anymore (as if that was simple).
For clarification, Camargo is a border town at the Mexican/Texan border, which is usually where the fiercest fighting takes place.

Here's a pic, although pictorial evidence is something I wouldn't take for fact
Spoiler!

Just a quick question which has been puzzling me every time I see a gun firing blanks.If the 88 in the video had actually fired a round would it have sounded much different.Because at the moment its just firing hot air down the tube.
One of my mates used to be a Napoleonic re enactor with the arty.He used to tell me that they usually stuffed more powder in their gun as they wanted a bigger bang.This got me thinking as to how close the actual sound would be to a real life firing.

Bear in mind that I have never fired any sort of gun with live rounds.So its a bit of a dark area for me.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0