• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Media Related To Stalingrad.

mo0nbuggy1

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 20, 2010
Melbourne, Australia.
It would be a good idea to share some media we may all have related to the battle of Stalingrad, it could be a picture, story or a video.
I plan on making a digital folio as such. This could be a great way to learn more about the battle, the soldiers in it what it was actually like to be there, both physically and mentally. Keep the chit chat to a minimum, hopefully people will post a cool little item and eventually we may have a great little museum of info at our disposal hahah.

One thing that really struck me while looking at images was the sheer destruction of the city, I still struggle to comprehend what really happened.
It's almost fiction.

I'll start, just some cool pics off google images, a video and some info.

YouTube - Battle For Stalingrad

Germans taking cover in ruins.
battle-stalingrad-3.jpg

battle-stalingrad-9.jpg

Russians attacking German positions.
battle-stalingrad-10.jpg

Soviet AT gun.
battle-stalingrad-8.jpg

battle-stalingrad-7.jpg

battle-stalingrad-6.jpg

battle-stalingrad-5.jpg

battle-stalingrad-4.jpg

battle-stalingrad-second-world-war-rare-pictures-amazing-soviet-guns-russians.jpg

battle-stalingrad-rare-pictures-amazing-russians-soviet-soldiers-eat.jpg

Well if you want to get into the mood by watching a movie I can partly recommend "Stalingrad"

Stalingrad_film.jpg

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108211/[/URL]

It has its pros and cons but nonetheless has some good scenes. (I guess the viewer should make up his/her own mind)

I personally dislike "Enemy at the Gates" but it would be another relatively recent movie which treats itself around and about the battle of Stalingrad although be warned! with a lot of Hollywood cheese and popcorn.

Finally I can recommend partly as well the journalist Guido Knopp and his long list of documentaries concerning many aspects/personalities/events or WW2. You might often only find his stuff in German but sometimes also with subtitles or even dubbed. Here is a website which lists a lot of his documentaries including a Stalingrad one:
[url]http://dokujunkies.org/tag/guido-knopp[/URL]

Upvote 0
Guido Knopp is kinda... meh. (although his decs are usually well produced).

He's obsessed with how evil all teh Nazehs are.

Yes and no, anyways i said i could partly recommend them and never called him a guru or a flawless entity. Apart fromt that we are unpolitical here so whether and how he judges whom and what is definately not part of discussions here. I was just trying to give ppl that might do not know him an opportunity to see something else than the History channel or BBC/Discovery stuff over and over again.

Upvote 0
You don't know "All quiet on the Western Front" I suppose. :p

Oh course, the 1930's classic, although the 1980 (or something) remake isn't that bad either

That's the movie where they have guy actors as girls, right? Don't really remember the movie but the book was good. And I read the book before watching the movie. Stalingrad will hopefully be tonights entertainment.

Upvote 0
'Russia's War: Blood Upon The Snow' Part VI: The Cauldron Boils

Episode from a larger 9 hour documentary about Russia during WWII (all in English).

Sobering look at the tactics used by both sides.

When this was originally broadcast in 1995 on PBS in the U.S., each hour had about a three minute introduction by Dr. Henry Kissinger, who was U.S. Secretary of State (our version of Foreign Minister) under Presidents Nixon and Ford; he made some very insightful comments, but they are either not included on the DVD version or were edited out.

YouTube - Russias War e06 The Cauldron Boils-1[/URL]

Iron Europe a WWI mod for TWI's RO:HOS​

Last edited:
Upvote 0