• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Master server wont populate servers list in multiplayer

monkeyfarmer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
(Sorry about this lengthy post)

Hello,

I bought a new computer a few months ago, and I decided to try out the free 3 month trial for the McAfee Internet Security Suite, which came with the new computer. I had no problems with it at all, and was able to play RO problem free.

The free trial expired a couple of days ago, and so I uninstalled McAfee (first with add/remove programs, making sure that all of it's components were selected for removal....and then by running McAfee's MCPR cleanup/removal tool to get rid of anything that was left behind). I then installed Rogers Online Protection, which is provided for free by my ISP and it's subscription never expires for as long as I remain their customer.

I did this hoping to save a little money, but I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it. I've made sure that no other anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall stuff is on the computer, and stuff like Windows Defender and Windows Firewall is turned off to avoid any conflicts. I also set the firewall settings to allow for Valve and Red Orchestra. For whatever reason, the server list for multiplayer no longer populates. I did manage to get the news page in the multiplayer menu to load, but when I click the internet tab the list doesn't populate. I've tried clicking refresh multiple times, but all I get is "querying master server", and it never displays any game servers.

I'm thinking of just dumping Rogers Online Protection all together and just paying out to get something else....that McAfee trial was pretty good and gave me no problems with RO. Maybe I'll try them, but I wanted to check here first to see if someone might know how to get the thing going properly with Rogers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Monkey Farmer