• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Mass Effect 3 Leaked by EA Store Listing.

So, this time it will play on earth as it seems and we'll probably get the first trailer tomorrow at the VGAs!

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

ME2 was my personal GOTY 2010 so I really can't wait for this one!

Last edited:
Out of all the powerful species in the ME universe, it's the puny humans that a certain powerful terrifying machine race has a grudge against again? D:

I'm sure the story will prove itself right in the game, but I'd have expected a more epic "save the galaxy" rather than a smaller "save the mankind" theme.

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
Mass Effect was a great game, I'd say that Mass Effect 2 was even better but had too much drama.

My two complaints are....

I hate Shepard being overpowered, he has 40% more power than other teamates! Turning him into a one man army where the teamates as just "helpers". While he should be a badass he should also be more of a leader and not a tank. I'd like to see where the power of guns has nothing to do with skill and skill would only affect accuracy and recoil.

How about some CRAZY MENTAL WACKJOB teamates, but some more normalish teamates too, I mean seriously, the Normandy is supposed to be a military ship, not a mental asylum.

Other than that I think it was a great game, and atleast 3 of the characters are my favorite ever. HOWEVER I don't like the fact that Commander Shepard is the one man army psychiatrist of a mental asylum while the teamates are mental patients who help sweep up in combat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope it will be better than ME2.

While ME2 was nice (especially the combat), it fell short in just about every area compared to ME1.

The story was not as nice as it focused on worthless side stories for the characters. There was not much to the big picture.

The maps where also even smaller, and no real exploration.

I hope ME3 will be as good, or better than ME1.

And I am really looking forward to it.:D

Upvote 0
Definitely watching the VGA tonight instead of the stupid Heisman Trophy presentation. derpa derpa Cam Newton :rolleyes: Tis a shallow award anyway. But back to ME...I came home from work wondering where the heck the news was on ME 3, not sure I'm really gonna give a crap about anything in the program other than ME 3 but must....watch...cannot afford to miss!

Upvote 0
Trailer looked more like Halo than ME. I wonder how they are going to win this time, humans fighting reapers seems a bit like tribesmen with spears trying to fight a strategic bomber. Hope the story is a bit better this time, more saving the galaxy less running errands for teammates. The end of ME2 cracked me up honestly,
Spoiler!

Regardless, I'm definitely getting this game. ME, Deus Ex, and Fallout are the only WRPGs that have ever appealed to me, because they are awesome, and they don't rely too much on dice rolls for their combat systems.

Upvote 0
Trailer looked more like Halo than ME. I wonder how they are going to win this time, humans fighting reapers seems a bit like tribesmen with spears trying to fight a strategic bomber. Hope the story is a bit better this time, more saving the galaxy less running errands for teammates. The end of ME2 cracked me up honestly,
Spoiler!

Regardless, I'm definitely getting this game. ME, Deus Ex, and Fallout are the only WRPGs that have ever appealed to me, because they are awesome, and they don't rely too much on dice rolls for their combat systems.

I completely agree.

Playing on earth can be interesting, but I just hope they do it right.

Upvote 0
egad.jpg

Upvote 0