• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
lets just hope RO stays as it is, no nerfing and making thing "easier" for players and if they do make changes let it be just for the better good, perhaps new content, i think the game is good how it is; i've already seen to many games be ruined by needless changes

Yeah, thats my worry. The game is amazing, and plays well for those who love the realism and teamwork needed to win. I'd worry that the MOD would bring down the bar to a more generic level and thus screw up what makes this game good. It's hard to play and harder to learn for a good reason.

Upvote 0
A noble effort indeed and looks very interesting.

My concern however is , is the RO community large enough to support the efforts that are going to be going into this mod.

Will it fragment the community?

Don't want to discourage you but these are my concerns.

On the bright side , it looks interesting enough though that I might even suggest that one of our servers be dedicated to the mod when it's released.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
A mod that's big enough to 'fragment the community' is also big enough that people will start buying the game to play the cool mods for it. Mods also help keep the game alive with fresh gameplay.

I think it's great that TWI supports modders. Having news about the mod on the front page is amazing. :D

Upvote 0
A mod that's big enough to 'fragment the community' is also big enough that people will start buying the game to play the cool mods for it. Mods also help keep the game alive with fresh gameplay.
:D

Come to think of it , that's the only reason I bought HL1 in the first place..to play DoD (when it was a HL1 mod).

Good point. :eek:

Upvote 0