• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map of the Week (+Reviews)

Okay, okay, I know I haven't updated; things have been busy, and will be.

Spring is just the busiest season, I suppose.

I will try and get a review down this weekend, maybe today or tommorrow, but I might not be able to, with family and all.

And weekly updates probably will be done whenever I have the time, with large-ish breaks in between, at least until Summer (I plan to also continue my story and begin modding as soon as finals end :D)

Upvote 0
=( I got all excited then timur... seeing the thread jump to the top I thought there might some new maps for me.

Hmm... would you like some help?

yeah, I'm about to do some testing for a map I've kept on the backburner.

It looks promising, but I'll need a team to know for sure.

Contact me on steam asap if thats possible and you want to help out :D

EDIT: I have screens and a number of playthroughs on this map, so I'm going through with it, despite it's relative popularity (when compared to many reviewed maps). I would an additional full-team playthrough though, as I would like to have a game where I am actively monitoring the team and what it naturally does, and what aspects really stand out to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
#8: It's good to be the King.

#8: It's good to be the King.

Oh hai. You're all going to hate me for this, won't you?

KF-KingOfTheHill by TAP-CHAN

forum page: [URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35399&highlight=kf-kingofthehill[/URL]

download: [URL="http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/...gOfTheHill.rar"][URL]http://www.filefront.com/?filepath=/...gOfTheHill.rar[/URL][/URL]

KingHill1.jpg

Map Basics:
Difficulty: Easier. Not marshmallow easy, but more casual.
Size: Massive.

Atmosphere/Visuals: Once again the author impressed me with great atmosphere and good visuals. The only monotonous areas visually are the badlands, which are meant to be that way (and, despite the continous texture, the physical shape of the badlands with all the distorted curves and arches really makes up for it). Each area was unique and varying, and yet few areas stood out as out of place. And also, there are a few surprises that lay in store: The first time I played it, the zeds taking advantage of the frail architecture geniunely startled me and added to the atmosphere. Now, the visuals aren't perfect; a few odd textures, ect. But these far from ruin it, and I certainly enjoyed the mood!

Gameplay: The gameplay is the real meat of the thing, and also what makes it so easy, in a way. This is not due to shortsights like close traders or easy, obvious killzones. This is due to the fact that it can be tackled in pretty much any way that you please, and effectively. It allows avenues for each of the major play types and then adds twists to them. For players used to hard maps, this may make it a peice of cake; it sometimes lacks the brutal pressure of perhaps HospitalHorrors, and often does not punish players for applying one style or another. However, these often include new things mixed in as well. Sometimes it throws challenges (for example, massive trader distances over the badlands can trip up an unprepared camping team) or advantages (for example, fortifications at specific "forts").

The Gameplay as a whole, however, is also unique. The basic concept is this: There are multiple ruins and a large tunnel system that occupy a massive Badlands. Overall, I have to say this: you may like the gameplay, or you may find it bores you, but either way there are few maps that successfully capture this unique form of gameplay, so its at least worth a try to see if you like it.

Negatives: Well, as for minuses left unadressed by the major categories so far, there are a few minor ones. A few instances of pathing are off, and while the map as a whole is decently made, it sometimes slips up in its massive scale.

Picture Time!:
Spoiler!

Verdict: This map has good visuals, unique gameplay, and decent overall build. It is certainly worth a play-through, and I highly suggest it. And if you don't like it, then at least you'll know that you tested these nearly unexplored waters.

Royalty, baby, royalty!

Upvote 0