• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Map of our 1100 year old hometown "Oldeberkoop"

Rulero

Apr 7, 2009
Holland
I have quite a bit of experience with the unreal engine
i made some maps for UT3 and previously the older unreal games.
I am not into realistic games at all but my friend who you might know from this forum "SiC" is a die hard tactical fan, He told me that people already started to mod for Rohos. And the Fact that UT3 is as good as dead there is no point for me to make levels for it any further.

I know Red orchestra has a totaly different style of play and artstyle
but it seemed cool to make a map of the hometown where sic and i come from. Weve had this idea since the first RO but i never bothered with it because i was much into modding ut2k4 at the time.

But now the time seems ripe. and ive been doin a map layout wich currently has 4 capture points. i would appreciate some feedback from arround here.
if 4 is enough or if the points are too close together, things like that.

as i have second to no experience with RO.
i played it once in a while but not enough to know these things.

About oldeberkoop:

Oldeberkoop is a small village located in the frysian province in the netherlands that first appeared on paper arround the 12 century, it started with a church, a sand road and some farmlands. Till now the village still contains many buildings that are decades old and very characteristic. the church for example is still there. I thought the village had the perfect mood for a game like RO, here are some pictures and a layout of the map im planning.

Thanks in advance!

Olderbekoop3.jpg

Bonifatiuskerk_Oldeberkoop.JPG

09-05-01-oldeberkoop-300x224.jpg

3378098823_d0317eba28.jpg

ringrijderij.jpg

schermafbeelding2010080.png