• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MadnessMut

Both, more or less. Imagine games like zombie panic when you get infected, your health bar simply declines - it's crap. Imagine this being changed in a way that holds Resident Evil: Outbreak's infection system - it doesn't affect your health at all, but it builds up eventually to the point where it hits "100%" and you collapse, then come back as a zombie.

A co-op survival zombie game could use the RE:O method, coupled with the previously described effects of hallucination, seeing zombies that aren't there, seeing characters and zombies swap places, etc. Being infected has minor effects, such as hearing things that sound as if they're in an adjacent room heading to the heavily infected point, which makes you likely to hallucinate and shoot teammates because in your hallucinating state, you see them as zombies, or you could see a zombie as a teammate and you don't shoot him, thinking he's a friend, and he then eats you.

It could create an amazing and even dramatic effect in-game where you see other players' behaviour changing in unusual, to shocking ways, all affecting the other players' descision to shoot them or not (they can end the "level" all alive and count as a win, or find a "cure" in the map). It's up to the infected player to try as hard as s/he can to maintain a cool head (e.g. hoping the monster goes away, which it may do since in the "sane" frame of mind, the "monster" is a teammate) and also try not to respond to the hallucinations, like following sounds/objects that don't exist.

wow. If that was its own game, it could really hit the market well; it would really be an awesome feature, and it would actually make you think and play games with you instead of just plain old damage. I really like it :cool:

Upvote 0
wow. If that was its own game, it could really hit the market well; it would really be an awesome feature, and it would actually make you think and play games with you instead of just plain old damage. I really like it :cool:

I decided to take this idea and detail it a lot more in a word document. ._. *starts copyrighting the info* Glad ya like it. :)

Upvote 0