• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M4 sucks. MP5 shines. That's it.

I need data on HOE 6 men!
AK decap all trash zed with 1 headshot. I don't think M4 can do so.
Gorefasts, bloats, and other trash's head health isn't affected by player count according to the wiki, and I just decapped one of each on solo HoE with a single M4 shot.
And the numbers fit with this too, even before considering the head shot multiplier, probably 1.1.
35 * 1.5 = 52.5 (M4 damage at level 6)
25 * 1.75 = 43.75 (Gorefast/bloat/trash head health on HoE)

So the M4 dominates the weaker 5 zeds with rapid headshots, unless your commando level isn't respective to the difficulty you're on. It's also passable for use without headshots against clots, crawlers, and stalkers, but headshots are still vastly preferable, since it takes 5, 3, and 4 regular shots respectively to kill them.
(Bullpup 1 shot decaps the weaker 5 zeds too, if you play suicidal with a level 6)

By the numbers, it would also seem that level 6s can kill sirens and husks on 6-HoE with eight (8) M4 headshots. AK does it in 6, SCAR 5, Bullpup 11. For the big guys, it'd take around 1.5 mags of pure headshots to take a SC and 3 for a FP. Against pat, you'd need 576 headshots, or 634 regular shots, and that's if he somehow doesn't heal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MP5's syringe recharges faster then MP7's. MP5 restores from 0 to 100% in ~9s (off perk), MP7 ~13.5s.
*Edit: Syringe tool has the same recharge rate as MP7M.

So (aside from the price difference), the MP5M has pretty much nothing that is worse than the MP7?? :confused:

... Why? :confused:

Even IJC's M7A3 had things like bigger weight and less total ammo, to not make the MP7 obsolete...

Reactions: poosh
Upvote 0
That's it. M4 sucks -- that include both the aimpoint one and the grenadier.

Demolitions don't need to get close to the enemy to take it out. A demo don't even need to battle at close range. M4 grenadier sucks. If a demo is shooting bullets instead of explosives, then there is something wrong -- either the demo or the teammates is wrong.

M4 for commando. It sucks.
It sucks since 1 headshot don't decap a gorefast. AK does.(6 men HOE, commando LV6)
It sucks since the horrible sight -- the ring in black blocks a huge part of the vision.

Although this one is lower on recoil, I perfer the old AK47. The recoil of AK47 is not hard to compensate after all.

MP5. Yeah. It shines. It drive the MP7 obsolete.

When medic, MP5 with its big mag of 64rds can be a easy headshot machine. MP7 will deplete the mag very fast.
When off-perked, MP5 with the normal mag of 32rds can pop some heads before changing mag. MP7 is a totally useless since the pathetic mag and recoil.

You forgot to add "in my opinion"

Your grammar hurts my brain.

Let's keep in mind that a lot of the forum users here don't have English as a first language.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy and aesdana
Upvote 0
So (aside from the price difference), the MP5M has pretty much nothing that is worse than the MP7?? :confused:

... Why? :confused:

Even IJC's M7A3 had things like bigger weight and less total ammo, to not make the MP7 obsolete...

Well, the MP7 has higher dps before reload (by a substantial amount, 500 vs 400) before reload, and lower recoil. So if, for example, a siren needs to die right now the MP7 would be better for that. It's reload is also faster, but that gets cancelled out by the smaller clip and higher firerate. I personally find the MP7 a superior gun when on the move.

However, over all the MP5 is pretty clearly more useful. I don't think they should have made it's healing more effective, that was just plain overkill on making better.

Upvote 0
MP5 does not make the MP7 obsolete. How can a free (at lvl6) be useless? The MP5 being better at healing justifies its $650(discount) price tag.Who in their right mind would pay for a gun that does nothing better than the free gun you have? Both guns can be used for maximum medic action. Add a magnum.... full combat medic. You can stay on the offense the entire round with both SMGs. The medic can now keep up the healing on HOE. Miss darts don't always spell death if you switch to your other medic gun. Even two empty SMGs can heal at a amazing rate. AND have enough room to save a fallen members weapon without a stiff penalty. The bottom line is the new weapon makes Medics better at healing teammates. I just hope the balance police does come and crap on it. Just leave it as is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0