• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M4 sucks. MP5 shines. That's it.

Personally I like the M4. I use a M4/Ak-47 combo, AK full auto, M4 semi-auto(switch to full auto if needed). The M4 comes much earlier, and is easier to manage than the SCAR, and find the M4 as a suitable replacement for it(at least an early version).

Only thing I would like to see with the M4 is the climb reduced just a bit so the weapon is slightly easier to manage full auto, but not really needed for the weapon to be useful(mainly to allow more short bust firing at decent ranges). Slightly more damage would not be frowned upon, but I would rather have an easier to manage weapon.

Upvote 0
Impressive.

Ok, who is the childish idiot that decided to down vote me paying another member a complement?

I swear, some people in here really need to grow the fuk up!!!

If your life is so empty that you have nothing better to do than go around downvoting, then I suggest you get off your fat @ss, go outside and find someone to interact with, in other words...GROW UP AND GET YOUR LIFE IN ORDER!

For those that may find this strange, know that as of late, someone has been going through my posts and down voting them, even posts that are months and even years old, and in 9.5 times out of 10, it's a single down vote, or several up votes, and a single down vote. Even though the Rep system means nothing to me,(mainly due to things like this), I hate childish behaviour.

I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I am not going to name names.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, who is the childish idiot that decided to down vote me paying another member a complement?

I swear, some people in here really need to grow the fuk up!!!

If your life is so empty that you have nothing better to do than go around downvoting, then I suggest you get off your fat @ss, go outside and find someone to interact with.

For those that may find this strange, know that as of late, someone has been going through my posts and down voting them, even posts that are months and even years old. Even though the Rep system means nothing to me,(mainly due to things like this), I hate childish behaviour.

I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I am not going to name names.

Do you have ANY IDEA how tempting it is to downvote this post?

Upvote 0
Do you have ANY IDEA how tempting it is to downvote this post?
Yes, I do, and I expect at least a few of them for it.

If I post something deserving of down votes then I'm fine with that, and it would be nice for the person to make a post if the do not like, or agree with what I said, but having someone follow me around down voting my posts just because its me, is...annoying.

edit:
I see that the children have chosen to validat my point by down voting my last 4 posts.

well have fun with it while you can, I'm off to the STEAM forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So it means nothing to you, yet it sends you into a rage and drives you away from the forum. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

So, M4. I think it's great on hard difficulty; it decaps anything that commando should need to worry about, and has an ammo reserve/recoil/power ratio that makes it great for being used very rapidly in semi auto. The result is potentially 66% more dead trash zeds than the AK due to extra ammo reserve, killed at a marginally faster rate due to lesser recoil, with more power to back up on than the Bullpup. It's less effective for reaching out of Commando's comfort zone and taking out mid-level zeds, though, but that's a fair trade-off, if it's supposed to be an equal alternative to the AK.

Edit: just tried HoE solo. M4 does 1-shot decap gorefasts and bloats, and the wiki says that gorefast and bloat head health is not dependant on the number of players, so it seems that what I said is applicable for all difficulties. The M4 with headshots dominates the weaker 5 zeds, making it a viable, specialized, balanced AK47 alternative tier 2, in my opinion, with the downside of being significantly weaker when used against against stronger zeds, or used without head shots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not obsolete overall.

Side-by-side with the older maschinenpistole it is, but in the grand plan of things, in loadouts and in tactics it's far from obsolete.

MP5 + MP7 = near-infinite healing. Spam one, switch to the other, spam that, switch back, rinse repeat.
Alright. You got a point. But if you need that much healing, I feel you're missing too many darts or that your team will die anyway. The MP5's healing capability is already sick as it is, plus you have the syringe.

By wearing both MP5 and MP7 you're missing out on these builds:

#1: MP5 + crossbow
#2: MP5 + hunting shotgun
#3: MP5 + katana + M32/shotgun/combat shotgun
#4: MP5 + LAR + SCAR

So yeah, basically you could swap out katana for MP7... but really, would you? A medic should be able to kill **** as well, I'm sick of seeing medics just standing around waiting to heal players.

Even though the Rep system means nothing to me,(mainly due to things like this), I hate childish behaviour.
What the ****? If it means nothing to you, stop making such a big deal out of it. Listen, you're never going to get famous on a gaming forum no matter what your "reputation" is (unless the game in question is Skyrim), so stop moaning about it. We're having an actual related-to-the-topic discussion here.

Upvote 0
Yeah...idk where he's getting this "...1 headshot don't decap a gorefast. AK does.(6 men HOE, commando LV6)" business, because it most certainly can decap all the trash specimens with 1 hit on HoE, regardless of number of players.

If you're going to complain about something, at least make sure you have the right facts. Then again, this is the guy who thinks sharpshooter can't handle fleshpounds and supports needs 4+ frags to deal with pounds and 10-15 AA12 bullets + HSG to deal with scrakes.

Upvote 0
Yeah...idk where he's getting this "...1 headshot don't decap a gorefast. AK does.(6 men HOE, commando LV6)" business, because it most certainly can decap all the trash specimens with 1 hit on HoE, regardless of number of players.

If you're going to complain about something, at least make sure you have the right facts. Then again, this is the guy who thinks sharpshooter can't handle fleshpounds and supports needs 4+ frags to deal with pounds and 10-15 AA12 bullets + HSG to deal with scrakes.

You mean guy! You fully distorted my data!

It is Xbow SS who suffer handling FP. M14 do it pretty well.

About the support data...The pro forgot that he can use HSG alt TWICE. I'll remind him.
About support VS scrake... Sorry, that guy never use pump in later waves.

It ain't my fault. I am pro commando and these data were transferred from other pros.

Upvote 0
You mean guy! You fully distorted my data!

It is Xbow SS who suffer handling FP. M14 do it pretty well.

About the support data...The pro forgot that he can use HSG alt TWICE. I'll remind him.
About support VS scrake... Sorry, that guy never use pump in later waves.

It ain't my fault. I am pro commando and these data were transferred from other pros.

All that aside, the M4 can still decapitate all trash specimens in a single shot, which was Scary's point...

Upvote 0