• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS M1 Garand for Axis

Kotun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 24, 2015
Why do the Axis have THREE bolt-action rifles? I mean, shouldn't atleast the rifleman heroes be able to use it?
Considering every single rifleman on the Allies are using a semi automatic one, or atleast have the ability to choose one, why shouldn't Axis have four (or whatever the hero limit for each team is) of them? Help me understand this, please as I don't see the point of having three bolt-action rifles.

Sorry if there are any grammar issues as English is not my native language. And first time posting here. Have mercy on me, internet.

its simple really the springfield is for manly men and the granad is for tiny baby men and the japs realizing this decided to only give their most decorated soldiers springfields so when they beat back all the americans and their flimsy automatic weapons they could hang their heads high knowing they only needed a bolt action rifle because bolt actions are king of the school yard and that's how America lost the war and all the axis soldiers got gold plated swords the end

and if you want a granad that badly as a jap to quote a movie I don't know the name of "there will be plenty on the ground"

Upvote 0
its simple really the springfield is for manly men and the granad is for tiny baby men and the japs realizing this decided to only give their most decorated soldiers springfields so when they beat back all the americans and their flimsy automatic weapons they could hang their heads high knowing they only needed a bolt action rifle because bolt actions are king of the school yard and that's how America lost the war and all the axis soldiers got gold plated swords the end

and if you want a granad that badly as a jap to quote a movie I don't know the name of "there will be plenty on the ground"

Bolt action rifle? pff

I just need to get enemy's shovel and kill him with his own shovel. Then i will be the true manly Man.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm1dCWNMTBE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Confirmed.

Code:
//=============================================================================
// PzB784rBullet_AP
// Bullet for the PTRS 1941 (PzB784r) Anti-Tank Rifle. This is the more
// powerful tungsten cored round.
// Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Source
// Copyright (C) 2011 Tripwire Interactive LLC
// - John "Ramm-Jaeger" Gibson
class PzB784rBullet_AP extends PTRS1941Bullet_AP;

defaultproperties
{
	ImpactDamageType=class'RODmgType_PzB784rBullet'
	GeneralDamageType=class'RODmgType_PzB784rBulletGeneral'

ActualRHA=45
	TestPlateHardness=450

PenetrateShrapnelLength=75 // 1.5 meters
    SpallShrapnelLength=50 // 1 Meter
    PenetrateShrapnelChance=0.15 // 15% chance
    SpallShrapnelChance=0.1 // 10% chance
    ShatteredPenEffectiveness=0.3
}

Upvote 0
So a new member posts his idea, next look where the thread went
68.gif

Upvote 0
So then should the soviets get an AK-47 for their elite rifleman class? Should Americans get the Uzi?

Should the Germans get their orbital weapon/super-villain deathray "Sun gun" prototype: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_gun ?

Sure, why not? If you want to do that, go for it! I'm not helping do the code though.

Like I've said many times: TW will never change anything again, but we can.

If you really want I can make a small mod that adds the Garand to the Axis rifleman role. It'll be offline-only though.

Upvote 0
Sure, why not? If you want to do that, go for it! I'm not helping do the code though.

Like I've said many times: TW will never change anything again, but we can.

If you really want I can make a small mod that adds the Garand to the Axis rifleman role. It'll be offline-only though.

Can be online if TWI is willing to work with you...

Upvote 0