• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M&C Weapon Pack

crono

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Oslo, Norway
Hi

I'm currently working with Im not Meow Meow on a new weapon pack for KF.

This weapon pack will contain 3 new weapons as described below:

1. Dynamite. This little baby is placed anywhere (including on walls or doors) and remotely detonated as the demo man sees fit. Not only does it remote control the detonation of a dynamite explosive, but if theres more than one explosive thats been laid out, it will detonate them in sequence - so you can lay several levels of protective explosives around your encampment.
  2. M134 Minigun. One of the more memorable movie scenes in the past 10 years (to me) is when Neo is up in the helo and giving those Agents some fast-paced hell. The real M134 can fire up to 6000 rounds a minute, which means 100 rounds a second... so it's probably not the best weapon to pick off that last clot, but when the zombies are all around you, it might buy you some time.
  3. The Dragunov Sniper Rifle. This probably won't be as usable on all maps, as sniping generally requires some distance between you and the zombies. But it will shoot through more than one zed.. unless its a particularily dense zed obviously, and can work as an alternative to the Xbow in close-quarters, and on any large open map it will obviously be an excellent sniper rifle because of the 8x scope and high accuracy.

So the dynamite is roughly half-way done by now. We're near getting it into the game (playable), but theres some finetuning to do before its done.

Heres a screenshot of the dynamite explosive (without trigger):
dynamite.png

About every weapon is OVER POWERED on this post but it seems awesome, im wondering how your going to make all of these weapons stable.

-What I think you should do---------------------------------------------------------------------
*dynamite - demo (Obvious)
*minigun - support
*Dragunov - sharpshooter (Obvious)

*the miniguns ammo should be like only 1 clip and its bullet price is around 2-4 ;D? so players would literally need around 12k+ to fill up the whole thing!

*Dragunov well it seems to me its not too over powered, but it seems weird...

:D?! By the way, I want this MUT BADLY!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, looking forward to playtesting the crap out of this though a minigun seems a bit overkill to me.
Will you make it weight 20 blocks or something? (that means it's not testable without perks though)

Also no amount of firepower is too great for the last clot you fool!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I hate it when people cant come up with anything else than miniguns and other high power weaponary. Those will not work in KF unless you make them either cost ridiculous amounts of money or give them ****loads of disadvantages. Other than that, theyll just make them game even easier than its now.

Id like to see more unique lower tier weapons instead.

Reactions: masteriamamind
Upvote 0

I hate it when people cant come up with anything else than miniguns and other high power weaponary. Those will not work in KF unless you make them either cost ridiculous amounts of money or give them ****loads of disadvantages. Other than that, theyll just make them game even easier than its now.

wow you sure are angry today, first crono and meows thread, then yoyo's and mine, anyone next on the warpath?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tell me about it.. Let people work on their projects in peace, if you have a problem with the lack of low tier weapons, make some of your own, don't bash the work of others.

Upvote 0

You should try the minigun from Ballistic Weapons. It was ported over to KFMod some time ago. Quite well balanced too. Chewed through zeds like a mofo, yet it had just the right amount of recoil. Plus it overheated (i think) if the gun was constantly spinning. Was great for small zeds, but the bigger zeds still took some pounding, plus ammo was scarce.

Upvote 0