• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Lost connection to host!

DreaderVII

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2015
Sweden
Category: Code?

Reproducibility: Always.

Summary: Cannot join servers through the browser, and matchmaking takes me to a loading screen forever.

Description: I start the game like ordinary, press "Browse Servers" and then pick a server that comes up, the game jitters once (as it always do), and then it mills for a few seconds before the "Lost connection to Host"-window pop up. When I select "Matchmaking" and after specifying my preferences I press "Join", the game waits a while then gives me a loading screen that never ends, and what I assume have the "Lost connection to Host"-window behind it.

Online/Offline: Online only, offline matches works just fine.

Screeny:
reKnSQI.jpg

First you shouldn't have posted this in the BUG REPORT forum as it is not a bug report (identified problem with its reasons) but a problem only you have for specific reason, the good forum for this should be the SUPPORT sub forum to help you troubleshoot why you can not connect to servers.

There are many reasons that can prevent you from connecting to a server, but what is weird is that network is OK as it loads the server browser list. Try to update your network adapter drivers it can help. Update firewall software, actually anything related to network on your computer.

You can also simply reset your KF 2 user profile (this is not your game account/perks/progression don't freak out, but some config/cache files) by deleting folder \Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\ (or simply rename it to something else like KillingFloor33 to keep it for backup with all its content). It is the most common and reliable fix for most problems people have..

Upvote 0
I can also join games again immediately after I delete the entire folder My Games/Killing Floor 2, but only for that instance of the game. When I quit the game and relaunch the game, I can't join any server yet again. This persists even if I make no changes to my config files or in the game options at all...

Upvote 0