• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Longest PPSH kill.

The ppsh is my favourite smg easily, and it's surprisingly effective even up to 100 metres. Once you get past 150 metres though... it rapidly becomes difficult to score a kill. But then difficult is still possible to do...

If you make enough attempts, you'll hit at crazy ranges eventually. Personally the longest range shot I was proudest of was 144 metres with a Nagant revolver. Really wish I took a screenie of that one.

Upvote 0
No one seems to like the PPSH. I do. I think it's a great weapon to use and learn with.

I like it when its in the hands of a skilled Ruskie, none of this bullet hose rubbish, no, its aimed precisely and effectively.

Unfortunately, you get people running around wildly flailing around with it.

On Topic; about 150m, it was from across the Fallen Fighters park.

Upvote 0
Which is weird because the MP40 is much harder to control IRL. More mass leaving the muzzle, and an ENORMOUS steel telescoping bolt carrier/bolt firing from the open position, riding on a spring the size of a pre-teen girl's forearm slamming back and forth, and they're about the same weight. With the drum, it's even easier to control a PPSh.

You obviously have never fired either weapon cause you're just dead wrong. The MP40 is probably the SMG with the least recoil of any of the WW2 SMGs, and definitely less than the PPSh. The MP40 just kinda rattles in your hands when you shoot it, whilst the PPSh actually has a slight bit of a kick back and muzzle climb to it - nothing that can't easily be controlled by an experience shooter though.

And I know this, cause I've fired both on multipile occasions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0