• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Longest Kill Distance

250 meters with the German AT rifle on FallenFighters against some poor infantry (gibbed his arm off :eek:)

I was about to post the exact same kill. Picked off a sniper that was bugging me in a tall window. Spent some time dialing it is. I like to think that I shot him through a wall so that I feel like the AT rifle was necessary, but, I could hardly see. Thing is, the building is usually full of people who think they are Vasily Zeitsev anyway, so you can just fire a few shots there and get someone.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Just over 280m for me on Fallen Fighters (think it was 283m but can't remember 100%), using the fixed MG34 that is often found at the very rear of the map on the German side - poor fellow got caught in one of my long bursts put into that general area.

Generally on that map I man the fixed MGs to provide suppressing fire so a lot of my kills with it tend to be in the 200m+ area, although because I prefer to play on servers where the kill notifications are hidden, I can't say 'this is my average distance'.

Upvote 0
The German MG and sniper rifle both use the same round and therefore go the same distance and have the same power (or at least they should, I don't know if the developers coded it this way or not, though). I shot from the Univermag all the way to the road next to the Soviet headquarters at a running target. People are just shooting at different distances, that's all. :)

Well even if they fire the same round that doesn't mean they shoot in exactly the same arc ;) Barrel length will affect how high the muzzle velocity is and therefore affect the trajectory as-well :)

In the case of the MG34 & K98k however, they're very close, with barrel lengths of 600 & 610mm respectively, and therefore only differ in MVs by about 5 m/s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
167m with KAR98 (iron sight).
I don't know how you guys manage to see anything above because here's what I see:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0